Will And Leo's Adansonia Adventure: The Review

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:56 AM

Category: Review
Subject: African Hunting DVD

"Africa in Your Living Room"
by: Jeremiah Ross

For decades, Africa has been a place that captures the imagination of many outdoorsmen the world over. With images of legendary hunters such as Howard Hill and Fred Bear pursuing the "Big-5" burned into the annals of hunting, almost calling to us, it is no wonder that the Dark Continent holds such a special place in the heart of all whom have been blessed to hunt there as well as those who simply wish to. In a world where many seek to constantly redefine hunting and the outdoor way of life, the draw of Africa has remained a constant.

To this day, I am taken to another place in my mind any time I read of African hunting adventures or view them on television or film. It is a special time for me to allow my mind's eye to see via an imagination running free. Even better is when the opportunity is afforded me from the perspective of a bow hunter. Enter "Will and Leo's Adansonia Adventure" on DVD. The first time I sat down to this disk, I allowed it to play in its entirety before saying or thinking a word to myself. I saw everything from gripping slow-motion archery harvest shots displaying the full devastation of a modern broadhead-tipped arrow being unleashed upon various African game animals to a breathtaking slide show of all the beauty Africa has to offer. I was taken from the highest of highs with the joyful emotion of a successfully recovered bull Nyala to the lowest of lows with a handful of missed opportunities and ultimately riveted by an archery spot and stock lion pursuit.

From Warthogs playfully rolling in the mud to keep cool in the heat of the day, to the capturing of one of the most brilliant sunsets one could ever hope to see, African beauty simply unfolded before my very eyes while watching "Will and Leo's Adansonia Adventure". In fact, one would be hard pressed to find Africa, its landscape and majesty captured so splendidly anywhere, including the pages of "National Geographic" or in a "Discovery Channel" documentary.

To borrow a phrase, I give this DVD, "Will and Leo's Adansonia Adventure", two thumbs up! I would like to thank these two gentlemen and fine HuntingResource.com members for bringing the Dark Continent to my living room and encourage all HuntingResource.com members to treat themselves to this wonderful DVD today. If you have any interest at all in African game, landscape, or simply some great game harvest footage, you will not regret it!

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

I 100% agree. I think it was "top end"

Also, it is a shame only 14 or so took advantage of the initial offer. Maybe others will get their copy as well

$.02

fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:33 AM

I 100% agree. I think it was "top end"

Also, it is a shame only 14 or so took advantage of the initial offer. Maybe others will get their copy as well
$.02

fatty

it is awsome.....there's no way you can only watch it one time..............i've watched mine many times now and every time i'm more captivated.....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

"To borrow a phrase, I give this DVD, "Will and Leo's Adansonia Adventure", two thumbs up! I would like to thank these two gentlemen and fine HuntingResource.com members for bringing the Dark Continent to my living room and encourage all HuntingResource.com members to treat themselves to this wonderful DVD today. If you have any interest at all in African game, landscape, or simply some great game harvest footage, you will not regret it! "

I have said it all along Jere and I recommended it right from the start. Glad you agree. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

The bottom line is that if these boys had just filmed some "cut-aways" of them walking to the blind, sitting in the blind pretending to look for critters, and a little sit down/talk session previewing and wrapping up the trip (the way it's done in the biz) this thing would be on the shelf at Cabela's next to "Monster Bucks", or whatever. In fact, I would encourage you guys to do those things if you ever do make it back to Africa and who knows!

As it was, I was very pleased to not sit down to "home video" which is usually so shaky, out of focus and poorly framed it gives me a headache after only a few minutes of watching. I could watch the slide show over and over... And actually have done so. (I watched it about 5 times yesterday while polishing the review.) Fantastic!

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks! Nothing but the best to share with the BEST! You guys rock!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#7 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

Yep Jer, I agree, Leo and Huck did an awesome job. I have watched a lot of hunting video movies and this one in Huck's words "rocks"! I am sure glad I purchased a copy! It's a keeper for sure!
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

Even better Woody,

It was a donation for a very worthy cause..

Fatty

Prostaff.jpg

#9 buckee

buckee

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Blacktails(otherwise known as DinkyDog Deer)<br />Painting carving. walking/being in the woods.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

Love your signature Huck ..LOL You look like I feel :lol:

Where can I get a copy of this DVD ???
Posted Image

#10 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

Buckee

Get ahold of Will aka Iamyourhuckleberry.

Proceeds are going to assist a special friend with some taxidermy costs..

fatty

Prostaff.jpg

#11 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:23 PM

Leo and Will did an outstanding job creating this DVD! Great work guys, I really enjoyed it! :yes:

I never really wanted to go to Africa on a hunt. When African hunts are on hunting and other outdoor TV shows, I usually changed the channel to something else. But, after watching Leo and Will's DVD, I think I'm ready to go to Africa! This is one DVD that I know will be watched several times.

The hunts were all fantastic! They give you non-stop action, but it isn't edited to the point where it is just kill after kill. All the pre-shot footage is very entertaining. I'm glad they showed the hunt from start to finish with no cut-aways. It really made you feel like you were right there with them.

The slideshow at the end is great too! The pictures are stunning. Beautiful sunsets and great landscape, just amazing!

Thank you again to Leo and Will for putting together this amazing DVD! I'm ready to go to Africa! ;) :)

#12 buckee

buckee

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Blacktails(otherwise known as DinkyDog Deer)<br />Painting carving. walking/being in the woods.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

I bought it, I watched it, I loved it :yes:

"WILL and LEO's ADANSONIA ADVENTURE"

I would like to thank Will, LEO and other HuntingResource.com members for bringing Africa to my living room.

I've never really had an interest in hunting anywhere but North America either Chrud, or any game species other Than North American game. Africa has never really interested me, until now. After watching Leo and Will's DVD, I have a new appreciation for African game! This is one DVD that I will be watching several times. Besides, I like listening to LEO. :D

The hunts give you non-stop action, and the editing is superb. It's not just kill after kill. It gets you there and makes you feel like you're part of the hunts. They show the hunts pretty much from start to finish and it never gets boring. It really made you feel like you were right there with them in the blinds and in the field, even feeling their pain during a few missed shots. :yes: :o

I could watch the slide show over and over again. Beautiful sunsets and great landscape. AWESOME job guys!

LEO's Narration of these great hunts was as professional as it gets. His calm voice sets the mood, and the African background music was a great touch. This is not like any "Home Video" I have ever seen before. It should be in the stores.

Besides getting a great Hunting DVD for your buck, and getting to listen to, and watch one of our loved and respected forum members(LEO), all proceeds of the sale of this DVD go to helping LEO get some of his game animals mounted.
Most folks here know, that LEO is a Brain injury survivor and is on a fixed Government disability pension, so helping him off-set these costs is small thing we can all do for him.

I give this DVD, "Will and Leo's Adansonia Adventure", 3 thumbs up!(even though I only have 2) :lol: :yes: :D

Steve
Posted Image

#13 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:44 AM

I agree buckee. I like Leo's smooth voice also :cool: . I agree with all of the above posts; this DVD is GRRRREEAT!
-Eric

#14 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:38 AM

Thanks guys for the wonderful DVD. I had gotten a late copy from Will & showed it to 2 of our special ed classes at our high school. They loved it! Even some of girls who didn't especially like the kill shots like the animals.

I had taken them a handout with each animal & a little something about them & their size. (This made for a good future lesson on meters).

I have shared other videos with them before. Even the teachers were impressed the the quality of the DVD. They liked the music too.

Thanks again for sharing your hunt!!! :)

#15 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:09 AM

Now that is cool Vickie. What I viewed only as recreational and inspirational you turned into educational. Now that is cool.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users