25 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

Well, our kitchen caught fire this afternoon about 5. Had a grease fire that got out of hand fast. I got my wife and pets out of the house and yelled and woke Jason up. We got the fire out and saved the house but the smoke was intense. Long story short, I took an ambulance ride to the hospital for smoke inhalation and chest pain. Two oxygen treatments, a hefty shot of morphine and some nitro and I'm back home with orders not to do anything for the next few days. The fire did about $2,000 worth of damage but our home insurance should cover it. I got a sermon from the firefighters, doctors, my wife and son for not staying out but I couldn't let my son fight it alone. Then I get home from the hospital and there was a message on my answering machine. My brother had come down for a visit with our mom and when they went out for dinner some jerk was day-dreaming and rear ended my brothers new Z-28. Totaled the car but thankfully everyone is ok. Yep, been one of those days!

Edited by Spirithawk, 14 May 2007 - 08:58 PM.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

Thank goodness everyone is OK!
Posted Image

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:02 PM

Homes, cars, and personal property while dear to us mean nothing and can be replaced. Glad to hear all of you are all right. Take care of yourself there and hope you feel back to 100% real soon.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

Hi Norm, Sorry to hear about your incident. Yes take care of yourself, things can be replaced! Glad your brother and Mom are okay but what a shame that it wrecked his new car. Hope the house gets fixed without too much hassle. God Bless you all and prayers for a fast recovery.
Your friends,
Patsy and Woody
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#5 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:52 PM

Im sorry about the fire but Im glad you all got out alive. Go to walmart & get yourself 2 kitchen fire extinquishers to keep handy, please.

#6 buckee

buckee

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Blacktails(otherwise known as DinkyDog Deer)<br />Painting carving. walking/being in the woods.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

Sure glad everyone is OK.
Reminds me of a few weeks back when I had to drop over $1,000 on the truck (new starter and new alternator) then the next weekend the plumbing in the kitchen sink went, so I fixed that up and went to make supper and the fride was dead and everything in the freezer was thawed out.
Funny how we're just kinda coasting along, and then all of a sudden, everything happens all at once.
Just glad everyone is OK
Posted Image

#7 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:28 AM

Glad you folks are okay!
You're certainly Blessed to have Jason around in times off need! Rest easy Norm.
Posted Image

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:24 AM

Well luckily that day has passed and you and your family are still safe and sound. Sometimes our heart react quicker then your brain, but it sounds as though you will come out of this occurance unscaved.

Heal up and hope your family heals quickly from the accident

fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

Sorry SpiritHawk that you had such a bad day of it. I'm sure the whole thing will have a silver lining to it and like everyone else already said you all still have each other. ^_^
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#10 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:44 AM

Sorry to hear about the fire
Glad to hear your all ok. :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

Oh Man Norm I leave you alone for a few weeks and look what happens. So glad you folks and animals are Ok. You take it easy now and things will be all right as long as the guns are ok. Lol.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#12 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Norm, as has already been said, property can be replaced, people can't, and you're one of the people that are REALLY irreplaceable :thumbsup: glad the injuries weren't any worse than what they were. Could have been alot worse.
Semper Fi

#13 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

Glad to hear everyone is OK That was some very close calls.

#14 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

Norm, glad tou hear you and family are ok..

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#15 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

Thanks everyone. The insurance adjuster came out today and said the damage, mostly due to smoke, comes to $10,000. Every single surface has to be cleaned to get rid of all the residue. Particularly because of my heart and lung problems. They're sending a cleaning service to do it. Jason and I have decided to take my pronghorn mount, and his deer mount, back to our taxidermist to be cleaned. Have to admit I was pretty worried about my pronghorn. It holds many memories as I won the hunt from Secrets of the Hunt. To me it's priceless and could never be replaced. My chest still bothers me but Vicadin sure helps there. I just have to keep reminding myself to take it easy. We aren't supose to clean anything ourselves and it's hard for me to just sit and look at it. In the long run we'll be getting a new kitchen so that's the silver lining I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users