3 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:01 PM

Dixie Gun Works has been around a very long time but you don't hear much about them any more. They use to offer about any black powder item a person could want. Among those items were some pretty darn nice rifles. Anyone familiar with them?

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:59 PM

Dixie Gun Works used to be about the only game in town when I first started shooting muzzleloader. Then came Log Cabin Shop, then Track of the Wolf, and the number of black powder stores grew from there.

Dixie still has an excellent selection of rifles, parts, and about anything else you might want. You do tend to pay dear for the stuff they have but it is good quality for the most part... I got into a arguement with them over some merchandise about fifteen years ago. I wanted to return stuff, as it was the wrong part, and they refused. Its a long story... The result was, I told them I would spend my sporting goods dollars somewhere else.. I have kept my word.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:07 PM

I have never dealt with Dixie. I have heard they are pricey though. With all the other dealers and a good friend owning RMC Sports I don't expect to deal with them unless it is an item I can't get somewhere else.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

Yep they've always been rather pricey. The one reason I get their catalog is that they have some items I just couldn't find any where else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users