4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

Anyone seen the advertisment for the new Knight shotgun? Can't recall what it's called but man what a patern they showed it shoot. Never seen anything with a pattern that tight. Looked like it would plumb take a gobbler's head clean off. Definetly going to have to check one out. Always did want a muzzle loader shotgun and the new Knight just might be the excuse I've been needing to get one. ;) Think it would be very cool to take a turkey with one. :yes: PA and Cayugad, what say you? I very much value the two of you old geezers advice. :yes:

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

Ok, I just checked out the Knight web site. It's the TK 2000. It comes with or without a thumbhole stock. The impressive part is they claim 85% shot density in a 30" circle at 40 yards. :blink: The price is $451.45 . Guess I'll have to start saving my change .;) :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 11 April 2006 - 06:14 PM.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

My smoothbore is good to 30 yards and that is the max range. I'd rather have the turkey at 25 yards to be sure.

I have wanted a Knight TK2000 for a long time. Since hinting does not work in this case, I just have to buy one. Every once in a while you can find them on line very reasonable.

Another good shotgun is the Thompson Center System 1 they will do a real good job as well. What I really would like to find is the 12 gauge barrel for a New Englander and then mount that on a Black Mountain Magnum.. that would be the coolest shotgun I think.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:28 PM

Thanks Cayugad. Think what I'll probably do, since moneys an issue, is keep an eye out for a 12 ga. black powder barrel, on ebay, for my T/C Encore. I'd be interested in knowing if anybody has one and how well they pattern. Gee Cayugad, I think me and you and PA could sure have some interesting conversations around a camp fire. ;) :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 11 April 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

Although I hunted turkeys off and on for a bunch of years all in the fall but never real serious. When Eric got old enough though we started doing this turkey thing a bit more serious. Then PA finally a few years ago started a spring season. Man we caught on fire for the spring hunt. Since we have been only hunting spring gobblers for about 5 years we are sort of new to it. We have been much more successful than when we first started this thing.

I have not yet felt the urge for a muzzleloader shotgun. I have been reading some posts about the TK 2000 and the people that have them seem to be real pleased. A shotgun is about the least used gun I own, and I own a whole corral of them. I have single shots, double barrels, slide actions, a bolt action, and semi autos. Some of these shotguns are collector items so will never be shot and one is a 10 ga that ought to roll your eyeballs.

I agree a threesome of us around a campfire would be quite interesting. At least the fire would not have to smoke we could make our own. Lol. Hey It could happen it only takes determination.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 11 April 2006 - 08:00 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users