• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

Just thought I would post about my girlfriends sister Erica Anschutz. She is a Hoyt prostaffer (the youngest) and women's indoor pro (FITA) world champion. She won second place at the college national outdoor competition last week in Illinois. She won the qualification round by 41 points (out of 360), but the actual competition round is based upon 12 arrows and she lost a close match in the finals. Men's division was won by Braden Gellenthien. She also earned a spot on the U.S. archery world team to compete in Germany I believe. Hopefully this season will add to her 18 world records and 150+ national records. Congrats Erica!!!
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:30 AM

Whip here's her website info http://www.hoyt.com/pro-staff/detail.tpl?I...5&Type=FITA

She's easy on the eyes and looks lethal with that bow. Wish her all the luck this season.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:44 AM

Yep, my girlfriend actually took that photo on Hoyt's website. She is an incredible archer.

Edited by Whip, 20 May 2009 - 01:50 AM.

Sean Whipple
PSE staff

#4 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:41 PM

Heck Whip, If I were you I wouldn't even show up-good day or not. She'll beat you with her first five arrows... :yes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Way to go Erica! ;)
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#5 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

Good lookin' women shooting bows better than me...

Sensory overload...

Sensory overload...

Congratulations!!!
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#6 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

And get this....she doesn't hunt!!! I keep telling her she needs to harness those talents and hunt...haha. Yes Huck, she would beat me...although I might contend it would take 6 arrows, not 5...lol :)
Sean Whipple
PSE staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users