• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:14 AM

Today is the last day of the spring gobbler season in PA. It is 7:00 am and here I sit typing. A couple of days ago my left foot began to hurt. Night before last I didn't get much sleep as it ached like a toothache. Yesterday all I could do was hobble around the house and complain. I did not go out hunting yesterday nor am I going to get out today either. It is tag soup for me in PA this year. Besides I have not heard a gobble for nearly 2 weeks around here. Does anyone have any cheese to go with my whine.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:13 AM

Sorry that you didn't get a bird, PA. :( On another note, you'll find the cheese in the deli department, on your way to the frozen food department. :) Hope that your foot gets feeling better soon.

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:20 AM

It'll be alright, even the best will occationally have a little bowl of tag soup..

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#4 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

From your previous posts, your season could be compared to an elegant evening out to a five star restaurant. You have been served a magnificent seven-course meal, but at the end you simply received the wrong dessert...

I get the wrong dessert occasionally myself!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

You are absolutely right Monk It was a very successful season. I had a bunch of fun and learned a lesson or two each time out. I got to see some birds. deer, and a myriad of other wildlife. I got to commune with the almighty in his sanctuary serenaded by his creatures. Except for that one responsive bird that we did not get it was great to be out and hear nature come to life each morning.

#6 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

I feel your pain. Saturday was the only day I got to go out this year due to the birth of my daughter on 5/7 (she was a week late). I dont get good sleep yet and Id have to look at a hunting mag. just to tell you what a turkey looks like. I was tempted to get a butter ball and take it to the range just to be able to say I shot a turkey!!! There is a silver lining to my cloud. I had wanted to try an area I found while looking at the aerial maps and thats where I went. I found a staging area and I was covered up in deer. I did some video clips with my digital camera. I know where I'll be come early archery. Its by an oak grove and an alphalfa field.

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:23 AM

All right now, no complaining. You got a double header out in Kansas and saw some cool things there at home that most never get to see so put that smile back on your face buster! ;) :lol: If that toe is still bothering you when you read this then get yourself up, walk away from the computer and take your but to the doctor. Don't make me come up there and amputate your big toe for ya! Seriously my freind, you might need that looked at. I worry bout ya bro.

#8 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:57 AM

Tag soup here too Paul. Had chances but nothing I wanted to attemp with my bow. I tryed with my shot gun the last two days but they where too spooked by then. Call shy, decoy shy, gobbled on the roost and never again after on the ground not to mention a ton of treaspassers coming on the place and blowing several hunts.

Maybe next year?
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:50 AM

Charles We need to get together and have a little cry in each others root beer and then plan a stratagy to team up on those buggers next spring.

Spirithawk the toe is getting better it isn't healed yet. I can walk on it much better now but if it turns for the worse I will be heading to the Doc or maybe the vet. Oh no not the vet they shoot old warhorses with bum hooves don't they.

#10 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:30 PM

I just know that you will get one next year Paul!
-Eric

#11 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:19 PM

I hope it's getting better bud. If it don't I'll have to come up and cut your arm off so your toe don't hurt. ;) :D Hey, I'm a Vet, ooops wrong kind of Vet. :lol:

#12 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

... went to poop and only farted...
Oh, not a limerick? Sorry!

Did I miss where you said what was wrong with your foot? Umm... What's wrong with your foot? You're not just falling apart on us, are you? :worry:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#13 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

Did I miss where you said what was wrong with your foot? Umm... What's wrong with your foot? You're not just falling apart on us, are you? :worry:

Jeremiah all I have to say is he is no spring chicken anymore. :no: :(

This year we had lots of fun hunting together but it was one of those off years for killing a bird.
We will give them heck this fall and next spring. :yes:

Look at it this way Pop maybe our deer hunting will change this year!!!!! ;)
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#14 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

Jere the trouble with my toe is joint pain in the big toe back at the foot. Dang 65 yr old toes just don't work as well as they used to. Oh well it only hurts when I walk and lay. It is much better than when It began last Wednesday.

#15 GP@AZ

GP@AZ

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hey Paul
I only got to get out one weekend here in AZ. Tag soup here also.
Its a good thing we both got birds in Kansas. :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users