• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Went to a gun show yesterday and today and decided to upgrade all our rifle scopes at home. Decided to get rid off all the Tascos and Bushnells :angry: ( Ill sell em on eBay I guess) and up grade to Nikon. Grubby bought me a pair of Nikon binocs about 5 yrs ago and its taken me this long ( I'm like Bull Durham... I smoke slow) to figger out they are the most superior optics I have ever owned. So I decided to Nikon all our rifles( over time ). Same dealer gave me a twofer deal on a anib 1.5-5x20 for my 3006 and a new 3-9x40 for the mod 70 7mag I am picking up.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:57 PM

Charlie
Nikon are great optics, did u look at the Burris scopes they are very clear also. U made a good choice
in Nikon.

Ricf
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:04 PM

When it comes to binos I can't disagree with you. But, when it comes to rifle scopes... Nothing Nikon makes holds a candle to the Bushnell Elite series, IMO. :peace:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

I have a Nikon Buck Master on my .300 Win Mag. It's a 3-9X40 and works well for me ever in low light. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you have the most confidence in.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

I'm like Jerimiah. I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 on my Encore .270 and it's as clear as my son's Burris. It's water proof, fog proof and the lenses are coated with Rain Gaurd. I've hunted with it in all kinds of weather and light and it's always impressed me with it's clarity and light gathering. Wouldn't think of changing it. The Elite series, if I'm not mistaken, was originally made by Bausch and Lomb and Bushnell bought it.

Edited by Spirithawk, 12 June 2007 - 09:43 AM.

#6 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

I trust leoupold for my shoots that count. The only scopes I will own. Binos Swarovski, best $700 I ever spent..I have the mule deer to prove it

fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#7 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

I'm with Marty on this one for scopes Luepold all the way. I stold my sons Zeiss 10x30 binos. The amazing thing about Zeiss and Swarovski binos is the ability to identify the game your hunting at greater distances because the clarity is far superior in low light conditions. I would spend the extra bucks again.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#8 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:02 AM

Before you decide against all Bushnells you need to look at the Elite 4200 first. Great scope for the money and I would put it up against Luppy's for clarity. As far as dependabilty mine has spent its life on top of a Rem Sendero "VLS" 300ULtra Mag Top load so far has been 101grs of Retumbo. Tough enough for me.
MR300WM

#9 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:26 AM

On the goodbye BO thing. The last Bushnell Outdoors played on tv last eve :o and will run several more times this week. Wonder what DWP will be up to next?
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users