3 replies to this topic

#1 BSLugnut

BSLugnut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Bowhuntng<br />Travel to Italy

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:51 AM

I am looking for some strengthening tips to assist in strengthening my upper body for shooting my bow, injury prevention and improve my bow holding power! This will assist me greatly while Elk hunting and that bull is coming in slowly or stops behind that inevitable bush or tree!

BSLugnut
“Remember...If you don't use your head, you’re going to have to use your feet.”

ROSS Cardiac 27” @ 62lb
Whisker Biscuit Drop Tine QB B2
Viper H1000 Sight
American Broadhead Co. Sonic Pro 100

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

Back in the day I was shooting I would use one of those exercisers designed to build the upper body. They have a handle on both ends with springs between. The one I have I can use all 4 springs or remove some. I used it like I was drawing a bow and it seemed to help.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:04 AM

I am looking for some strengthening tips to assist in strengthening my upper body for shooting my bow, injury prevention and improve my bow holding power! This will assist me greatly while Elk hunting and that bull is coming in slowly or stops behind that inevitable bush or tree!
BSLugnut

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...t&noImage=0

The BowFit is something that does the job for me and I'd recommend the safari size.

Oh yeah I don't work for Cabelas - I bought mine before they carried it. :lol:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

one drill that my brother in law has us do when we're over shooting at his place is to do 10 push ups & run around his shed then come back to our bows to take the shot at the 3d target. its to get your heart rate up to simulate buck fever. Gotta control your breathing & heart rate to be able to make the shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users