• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:54 AM

This huge report compares an enormous amount of different bows to each other. This is the most comprehensive comparison I have ever seen of lab collected data. It's a large PDF file so dial up users beware.

2007BowFaceOff

Edited by Leo, 18 June 2007 - 08:31 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:05 AM

Thanks Leo!

That's one of the most scientific comparisons with documented measurements I have ever seen. I did answer a few thing that I felt drawing some of these bows back when I tested them earlier this year. And that the draw force curve is different for the cam and half bows verses the single cams. I liked the way they separated and compared the 6" brace bows alone and the 7" by themselves.

What I was really surprised at the bows that didn't show up on the top ten in the noise test. :huh: Like the Drenalin and the hoyt vectric. I thought they were quiet but my hearing might just have lied. :huh:

I thought the Black Ice was a good bow and the test showed it held up.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 18 June 2007 - 11:56 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

Brace height is an often ignored parameter when folks look at bows. We have been trained as consumers to look at weight, axle to axle length, and IBO the most critically. I think this is a serious oversight.

In my experience it takes an enormous amount of practice and concentration to accurately shoot a bow with a brace height under 7". For me at 7" is where it becomes challenging. There is a far too common belief that drop away rests eliminate bow torque thus nullifying the need for more forgiving brace heights. This simply is NOT true. Drop aways DO help mask the issue but they absolutely do not eliminate it. Bow handles, consistency of grip location and form become exponentially more important as the brace height decreases.

I honestly believe that first time bow buyers should only start with bows of a brace height of 8 inches or more. After establishing their true draw length the brace height is the second most important factor new archers should look at.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users