• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

Today I decided that the scope on my 22lr rifle needs replaced. It was an el cheapo and when I went to lower my group a couple of inches at 40 yards it took 40 clicks to get it to move. When I tried to remove the cap on the windage it was stuck. When it finally came loose the whole thing unscrewed from the scope barrel.

I am in the market for a 4 or 6 power scope that is parralax free at 50 yds.

Anyone got any suggestions????
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

I am a Leupold guy, best for the money. But for a .22 that might be alittle too much.

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

I'd go to some place like Bass Pro that has a variety of scopes and prices. Do some comparing and choose the best for what you intend to spend. I have a camo Simmons on my camo Remington .22 that both looks good on the rifle and has performed well too. For larger calibers I'm a dyed in the wool Bushnell Elite or Burris fan.

#4 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

Paul
For a 22 u dont need to have a Rolls, if I were u I would look at the BSA sweet 22, they are great and calibrated for the 22 round... take a look at one.
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Thanks guys. RicF I was looking online at Tasco SilverAntler series. Do you know if these are parralax free at 50 yds? I know I do not need a real expensive scope but believe me I've had my share of the real cheapy ones like the one on it right now and want something that is intended for the 22lr rifle in at least 4 or even a variable.

#6 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:32 PM

I actually broke down and bought a Bushnell trophy 3x9x40 and put it on my 22. I think that I payed $140.00 for it. It seems to be ok, but I am going to have to get a pair of low rings, as I had the Leupold 50mm target scope on there. I kinda like the adjustment on the rear eyepiece for focusing it.

#7 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Paul
Check out these scopes..

http://www.bsaoptics.com//family.aspx?family=36
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for the link Ric I am going to have to get a few of those in hand and check them out.

#9 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

Pa-when equipping a rifle with a scope-there are usually 2 main concerns, 1-obviously quality/transmission of light/clarity of lens, this shouldn't be hard to do with 99% of the scopes on the market @ UNDER 100 yds. #2, what separates the big dogs from the more affordable scopes is reliability/ability to handle RECOIL and maintain zero....again not a problem with a .22(no recoil).
I don't think you could go wrong-with whatever you choose, providing you see fine through it!!! No need to "spend" alot on this one...my 2 cents.
I just purchased a banner-Bushnell 6x-18x w/50 mm. lens for my new .17 cal bolt action. for $100. Alot of scope for $100.

#10 big bear

big bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

I just bought a Alpen Kodiak 4x scope for my old semi ruger .22 and it works great.I sighted it in a couple days and it's right on.I paid $52 bucks for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users