Photo

Peep Question And Survey

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: peep with tubing or without (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Peep with tubing

1. tubing (11 votes [37.93%])

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

2. no tubing (18 votes [62.07%])

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

Peep Tubing Tips:

1) Consider purchasing/using latex tubing rather than rubber. It degrades more slowly.

2) Do not use a standard "overhand" knot to tie the tubing to the cable.
Use a cow hitch. (The same knot used to tie a string loop.)
It holds stronger and puts less "pinch" on the tubing itself which keeps it from wearing out at the knot site.

3) Replace the tubing every year just before season opener whether it looks like it needs it or not!

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#17 bukmastr

bukmastr

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:08 AM

No tubing... No peep... My bow is strictly for hunting, no bling bling... I find that a kisser button works great for me. In low light finding a spot on a moving all brown animal thru a little hole leads to bad hits or missed opertunitys. Touching the string to my nose and the tip of my pin to the string is what I do and is highly accurate in hunting type situations.
Dan Infalt
Big buck serial killer
http://www.huntingbeast.com

#18 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

No tubing... No peep... My bow is strictly for hunting, no bling bling... I find that a kisser button works great for me. In low light finding a spot on a moving all brown animal through a little hole leads to bad hits or missed opertunitys. Touching the string to my nose and the tip of my pin to the string is what I do and is highly accurate in hunting type situations.

I agree. A peep helps your accuracy in broad daylight but in dim light in real hunting situations it's a serious disadvantage. Every minute of legal shooting light is crucial, make sure your set up can utilize it all. Getting out of the stand early because you can't shoot in that light, hurts your chances for success as bad as any other critical mistake.

I use a Timberline no-peep in conjunction with a kisser. The no-peep really helps you fine tune your repeatability with the kisser.

IMHO, this is a killer hunting combination.
Posted Image

#19 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

When I started hunting with a bow there were no string peeps much less a tubing one. When the string peeps came out we just played with the twist of the string or how many strands to a side to get it pointing straight back at full draw. I never did use a peep with the tubing as it was just one more thing to go bad out in the field ruining your day especially when it can be corrected without resorting to tubing. I have never seen a top competitor or pro use one either.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#20 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Mark , i bought a hind sight and i love it it tightened my groups up tremendously!!

Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#21 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

Bill!!!

You've been away quite awhile. Glad to see you back!

There's been quite a few changes. We have an article section and a gallery up and running now. HR is getting it on! :)

Edited by Leo, 29 January 2008 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image

#22 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

Mark , i bought a hind sight and i love it it tightened my groups up tremendously!!

Bill

Bill that's changing it up a bit from your last bow. Sounds like a confidence builder. ;) Yeah the next time we get together I'd like you to show it to me. I've been interested in one.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users