11 replies to this topic

#1 BSLugnut

BSLugnut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Bowhuntng<br />Travel to Italy

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

I am looking to wrap my arrows that I want to make them more visible throughout the hunt. With this I pose a few questions:

Would you recommend, reflective or glow-in-the-dark?

Which brand wrap should I use?

BSLugnut
“Remember...If you don't use your head, you’re going to have to use your feet.”

ROSS Cardiac 27” @ 62lb
Whisker Biscuit Drop Tine QB B2
Viper H1000 Sight
American Broadhead Co. Sonic Pro 100

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

What type or style vane are you using? If you're using the 2" types I'd with small matching bright wrap. or you can contact Stickertoit.com for some of the ones you mention for an order.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:09 PM

I've used wraps for several years now; Ever since Eze-Eye introduced theirs and they were the first to really go big with it. (I had previously dipped arrows. What a messy process. I'll never do that again!) Anyway, this past season I tried some of the reflective wraps. I found them to be heavier and stiffer than standard wraps. So much so that I had adhesion problems. All told, I will be going back to standard vinyl. I've used several different colored fades and crests over the years, but plain white still seems to show up best. So, since they're a sponsor here and I know they do good work I will surely be going with "Stickertoit" the next time I fletch.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

To be honest we haven't made any yet but I'm about to fix that. I'm going to have my wife make me a set so I can try them out. We use the same vinyl as what the arrow wrap companies use, and they are very simple to make, so I see no problems. If they work then we'll offer them for .50 cents a wrap. Doubt you'll find a better deal than that. We can only offer solid colors, at least for now. If I'm satisfied with my own then I'll post the results and the colors we can offer. I'll do that within the next couple days. Rowdy and Jerimiah, thanks for having faith in us. We strive to do our best.

Edited by Spirithawk, 21 June 2007 - 06:37 PM.

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

To be honest we haven't made any yet but I'm about to fix that. I'm going to have my wife make me a set so I can try them out. We use the same vinyl as what the arrow wrap companies use, and they are very simple to make, so I see no problems. If they work then we'll offer them for .50 cents a wrap. Doubt you'll find a better deal than that. We can only offer solid colors, at least for now. If I'm satisfied with my own then I'll post the results and the colors we can offer. I'll do that within the next couple days. Rowdy and Jerimiah, thanks for having faith in us. We strive to do our best.

If I may make one suggestion. (And I don't know how practical it will be from a "spitting out wraps in fast order" standpoint. But, I think it would go over well with customers.)

I would like to see 3 different widths of wraps.
Small: For "Axis-Sized" and Youth Arrows.
Medium: For "Standard" Carbon Arrows.
Large: For "Fat Shafts" and Aluminum Arrows.

It irks me that Eze-Eye wraps are just about wide enough to wrap around an Axis arrow twice! (Mind you I said "just about" because if they really did go around twice I would cut them in half and have twice as many wraps!) You end up with more wrap material on one side. It doesn't seem to effect performance (jury is still out). But, it sure does look like crap!

Just my two pennies worth...

sig_admin.png

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:33 PM

Sorry to highjack your thread BS but I have a question. Do arrow wraps add any noticable weight that will make you have to re-adjust your equipment in any way?
-Eric

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:22 AM

Run, Jerimiah could probably answer you best but I don't think they weigh enough to make a differance.

#8 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

Sorry to highjack your thread BS but I have a question. Do arrow wraps add any noticable weight that will make you have to re-adjust your equipment in any way?

Easy-Eye wraps add about 10 grains I believe.

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

It depends on the wrap, dude. Per Eze-Eye's website...
Standard: 9.0 grains
Reflective: 25 grains
LumaWrap: 33 grains

I've never really noticed a difference with the regular vinyl wraps. However, the reflectives are a different story. Frankly, I cut them in half (from 7" long to 3.5" long since I use Blazer vanes anyway) to cut down on the weight.

sig_admin.png

#10 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

So if I put wraps on my arrows will I have to re-adjust anything Jer?
-Eric

#11 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:08 PM

So if I put wraps on my arrows will I have to re-adjust anything Jer?

Probably not.

sig_admin.png

#12 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

one of the main hassles with fletching arrows, is cleaning the shaft to re fletch. you need to make sure you don't damage the carbon arrows when scraping glue off. With wraps you can boil water, dip the end in the hot water for 15 or so seconds and soften the glue and peel everything off. ( sometimes it takes a couple of times ) but some ajax and a scrubby sponge and your arrow shaft it cleaned up and ready for refletch.

if you damage ONE vane you end up changing the wraps and all 3 vanes. not cleaning and re doing just one.

my current arrows were made up by someone else and don't have wraps. when I need to fix these or make new ones. I'll use wraps again.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users