Iq Test

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

This has got to be my most odd post ever. But, here goes.

I won't go into detail, but I recently had someone call my "smarts" into question. They spouted off about their IQ and how they could, "Make a fool out of me", if they so chose. I pretty much just let it roll off. But, later, I did find myself curious as to exactly what my IQ is. I thought, "I've never taken an IQ Test!" So, I Googled "IQ Test" and took a couple. (After doing so I realized I had indeed been tested many years ago in school. But, I never got the results. I just remember ~38 questions that left my eyes crossed by the time I was done answering. :roflmao: ) Anyway, I was pretty shocked by my score. Frankly, I'm a little embarrassed to even post it. What I will say is that I'm glad I didn't engage the person who spawned all of this in an active debate. I would hate carrying the burden of knowing I crushed someone mentally. :o :lol:

Again, this is something I had obviously never even given thought to until recently.
So, has anyone else here ever taken an IQ Test?
Were you glad or disappointed after seeing the results?

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

Years ago ...but I understand that once I turn 50 it will become a yearly thing ! :doh: ....Internal Query Test ...oww !

Ok Jer...ya challenged me to take a 12 page one on the web...scores says 135...not bad for a PA Boy!

Edited by Phil, 04 July 2007 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:38 AM

Other than possibly taking an IQ test or so way back in high school I haven't taken one since. I did take something similar though and ever since have been plagued by requests from MENSA to join and lead the organization. Lol.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:48 AM

I almost took an I.Q. test once, but when I went to the store to buy some Cliff notes to help me study for it, they were out of them, and I figured I wasn't smart enough to cheat, so I just called in sick that day. Ever since, I've just carried around a pocketful of B.S. to help me through the rough spots.

#5 BigT9293

BigT9293

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

I've taken a whitetail iq test. does that count. if it does i got a good score on it.

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

I had to take one as a result of my injury. The results were part of my case. Suffice it to say, my score has little to do with why my doctors chose to take me off work. Knowing and being able to figure stuff out has little to do with actually doing.

That being said. Anyone who uses their IQ score as a badge of superiority over others isn't very smart.

Rest assured Jeremiah that's an argument "smart guy" would have lost. :)
Posted Image

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

Anyone who uses their IQ score as a badge of superiority over others isn't very smart.
Rest assured Jeremiah that's an argument "smart guy" would have lost. :)

:lol: It was the first time I had ever even heard anyone say something like that. Maybe I have just lived a sheltered life. Oh well. :)

sig_admin.png

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:28 AM

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I almost took an I.Q. test once, but when I went to the store to buy some Cliff notes to help me study for it, they were out of them, and I figured I wasn't smart enough to cheat, so I just called in sick that day. Ever since, I've just carried around a pocketful of B.S. to help me through the rough spots.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:16 AM

I also, as a result of injury, have taken these tests several times.

I don't remember what my score was, nor do I care. As long as I shoot straight and bench a bunch of weight, I am happy..

fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#10 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

I'm with Leo here JR. None to smart to spout off about IQ. If I can score 159 it ain't to hard.

You are the smartest Turkey call makinest guy I know and that's plenty for me.

You're alright, JR.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#11 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

I was tested a couple of years ago by my employer for Management aptitude purposes.
They didn't give us the actual numbers, but the consultant advised me that I scored in the upper 98 percentile. :clap:
When I asked what that actually meant, she advised that if they were to put me in a room with 10 other people, picked at random, off of the street, I would be the smartest one in the room. :hmm:
I then pointed out, that for her math was incorrect. :yes: :D :lol:

People who think IQ stands for 'Intelligence Quotient', need to be made aware that when the Lord created Man, he had an 'Idiot Quota' to fill, too. ;)

"Stupid is...as Stupid does!"

Bob

#12 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

I was tested a couple of years ago by my employer for Management aptitude purposes.
They didn't give us the actual numbers, but the consultant advised me that I scored in the upper 98 percentile. :clap:
When I asked what that actually meant, she advised that if they were to put me in a room with 10 other people, picked at random, off of the street, I would be the smartest one in the room. :hmm:
I then pointed out, that for her math was incorrect. :yes: :D :lol:

People who think IQ stands for 'Intelligence Quotient', need to be made aware that when the Lord created Man, he had an 'Idiot Quota' to fill, too. ;)

"Stupid is...as Stupid does!"

Bob

:lol:

Well, in still thinking about all of this I've compiled a nice little list of all sorts of intelligence tests. This one is my favorite so far... http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

It makes my brain hurt. :wacko: :wacko: :D

sig_admin.png

#13 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

What did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?

Drool!

:doh:
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#14 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:52 AM

I got 96 and am a little bit less than normal. :peace:
-Eric

#15 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:34 PM

My parents had me take one from a certified individual when I was in the 2nd grade. I took one in high school as well. I am a member of MENSA. I.Q. honestly means very little when it comes to being able to apply that knowledge.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users