Baby Speed Goat

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

On the way to work today ( yes got to work on july 4th ) out in the pasture on the way to the hwy was a doe prong horn and her baby :) had to stop and watch for a bit...seeing that mini speed goat was just too cute.
first one I've seen so far this year. little guy sure had a set of wheels when he wanted to go :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

We have ALOT of babies running in the sage right now. Nice to see and they are fun to watch

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Ah man you didn't have to work on the 4th :o Sounds like a cool thing to come upon - never had the pleasure - for that matter the ony speed goats I've seen are in our Zoo! :huh: One day soon I hope I eye ball the wild thing with in bow range. :yes:

Did the camera get used for any family portraits? :)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:05 PM

sorry no photos yet. mom is keeping them way out there.
saw 2 more tonight on the way home....but it was overcast and raining...( a less then perfect photo conditions with long distance )

but I'm sure I'll get a chance to take some photos :)

remember Mark...to be legal your prong horns have to be 4x4s or 3x3 with 6 inch brow tines ( smirk )
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

I don't know Bruce, you must be talking about the goats that live below 6,000 feet. The ones above 6,000 feet have at least 6 points per side and bugle in the fall.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

I don't know Bruce, you must be talking about the goats that live below 6,000 feet. The ones above 6,000 feet have at least 6 points per side and bugle in the fall.

That's it - my genius aptitude just remembered about this - right where they turn into the jackalope - right :huh: and the antlers or points start to show and grow. I'll be sure to bring my binocs so I don't take no illegal small ones. :lol:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 06 July 2007 - 02:43 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Tonight I found a fox den and she had 2 pups, they are all ears right now and darn cute..

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#8 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

coming home tonight we had 3 moms and 3 kids :)
cute as all get out
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#9 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:01 AM

yout learning mark :)
deer turn into elk at tree line....take the wrong shot and you'll end up with an illigal Delk.

out there on the flats you are totally correct.... you have to look out for jackolopes....don't want to harvest one of those on a prong horn hunt :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#10 QueenNorth

QueenNorth

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:22 PM

Man too funny guys I so enjoy reading this board! Bruce hope you can get some pics. I have seen them and your are right, they can run very fast!
Posted Image
Queen of the Great White North and Woody
Rolling Castle Blog

#11 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

Please guys, get some pics on here. Im dying! The only baby I've seen is my own. though the other weekend I had a family reunion in upstate (eldred) NY and saw lots of fawns on the drive home. I cant wait for my wife to go back to work at the end of the month so my daughter will go to daycare and I can stretch my legs again. Ohh speaking of my daughter. yesterday we had her 2 month check up & shots. She is doing GREAT.. she is now 12 pounds 10 ounces and 23 1/2 inches long.. she has grown out of some of her clothing but thats okay - she's definitely has alot more to enjoy and get into. She's wearing her 3-6 months clothes and she's now into her stage 2 diapers.

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

Please guys, get some pics on here. Im dying! The only baby I've seen is my own. though the other weekend I had a family reunion in upstate (eldred) NY and saw lots of fawns on the drive home. I cant wait for my wife to go back to work at the end of the month so my daughter will go to daycare and I can stretch my legs again. Ohh speaking of my daughter. yesterday we had her 2 month check up & shots. She is doing GREAT.. she is now 12 pounds 10 ounces and 23 1/2 inches long.. she has grown out of some of her clothing but thats okay - she's definitely has alot more to enjoy and get into. She's wearing her 3-6 months clothes and she's now into her stage 2 diapers.

Congrats dad! ;)

Ah the fragrances of stage two diapers! It would knock you over when you opened up the bomb and the gag reflex would kick in! Fund memories! :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users