29 replies to this topic

#1 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

I was out golfing with a friend of mine the other day and got to wondering :hmm: if anyone here might enjoy (or not enjoy :doh2: as the case may be) the game of Golf?

I've heard the game called a good walk in the park spoiled by a little white ball. Other's have said it's too hard to play. I for one do enjoy :thumbsup: the game no matter how challenging it can become.

So, what say you? :huh:
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:43 PM

sorry Charlie I for one do not see the sense in seeing how hard I can hit a ball just to go chase and find it to hit it again thats just my theory on it Ive never tried it for them reasons
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

I believe in eating what I shoot and I just never could see the sense in shooting a "Birdie" that I can't eat. ;) :D

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

MGAA
(Mini-Golf Addicts Anonymous)

:D :D :D
-Eric

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

I must admit, I have swong a few clubs in my days. Is swong a word?

I truelly suck, my man boobs are too big they get in the way. I need a sports bra perhaps..

fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#6 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

Isn't golf a car? :huh:
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:04 PM

I only ride in golf carts ...when there is a gun rack on the back, shot gun casings in the floor and you keep hearing the sound of " PULL" followed by KABOOM KABOOM. ;)

now THATS GOLF.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:57 AM

No but many of my buddies do and are after me to try it. Afraid I might like it and then I'd spend my hunting funds on golf equipment. I wonder if they'd let me carry a 22 to fend off the woodchucks that pillage the fairways?..."Caddyshack" ...the next saga ! :fudd:
Posted Image

#9 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:34 AM

I'm an avid golfer...So is my son Matt.
...As a matter of fact, he tee's off in the provincial junior championship at 12:20 today.

...a 15 year old shouldn't be able to hit a ball that far ! :no: :no:
(at 13, he could fly it 290...he probably averages just over 300 today...at sea level :sick: :D )

Right now our course is covered in geese...I'm picking out the tender ones for the fall ! :D

"Caddie...my iron, please...shootin' iron, that is !!"

Bob :whistle:

#10 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:03 AM

I've been a caddy for a very high class country club types just like in movie Caddy Shack!

I've tried to play this game that you can never beat yourself at called golf and some sick Irishman invented it. I was never ever very good at it. My dad, mom, and my brother (may they rest in peace) all played this silly game and they were pretty good at it. I could never get the hang of it and really tried for years. My problem wasn't man boobs :lol: :lol: but my temper - I'd start off on the first tee ready willing and able to have fun and in a good mood but after hundred strokes all I had completd was the first eight hole - I was fit to be shot.

I'm much happier just watching some one else throw their clubs into the drink, thank you! ;)

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 10 July 2007 - 09:57 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#11 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

i tried it with one off my neighbors as a child but i couldn't grassp the game....and the fish were biting....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#12 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

i can drive the ball 300+ problem is i never know were it is going my dad had an indoor golf machine that was nice didnt have to chace the balls when i hooked them

#13 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

I :fudd: golf as much as I can. I take a bunch of balls up to the range and set them up at various ranges. I then take the 22 and :fudd: them until I can't get them anymore. Then, it's time to get out my driver. :P My driver is a specialty model. It's a 270 Weatherby magnum. The backup driver is a 25 06. I line up on the ball, with proper form, of course, :fudd: , and then reload for my next :fudd: . I am a master golfer, because I always get a hole in one. :) :blink: Is there any other way to shoot golf? :blink:

#14 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

Many years ago there was were courses made up for a golf person to compete with an archer. It was referred to as archery golf and requires a wand on the green for the archer to hit and a hole for the golfer. I have never seen one of these courses but have read about them. That would be kind of fun. Every thing from flight shooting to target archery.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#15 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

I for one find the game of golf an excellent game for fine tuning my sporting clay shooting abilities.
I find that on the days when I can hit those golf balls that go whizzing past my blind :fudd: that I do indeed have a good score when I shoot 5 stand and sporting clays.
GOTTA LOVE THAT GAME..... :fudd: :fudd:
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users