8 replies to this topic

#1 wildlife112

wildlife112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, reloading, fishing, metal detecting

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:07 AM

Has anyone shot the Slick Trick broadhead? I was wondering if they shot as good as the other small profile fixed blade broadheads on the market? Their ad states that they are "the #1 rated head on the internets largest bowhunting forum". As far as I'm concerned "HuntingResource.Com" is the largest, and BEST forum on the net so I was hoping that someone might have some comments about these broadheads. And while I'm at it, I shoot a Carbon Express Terminator Lite Hunter arrow 26" long and my bow is set at 50#. What kind of advise can I get as to whether or not I should shoot an 85 gr. or 100 gr. fixed blade broadhead?
"May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the warm sun shine on your face and a soft rain fall on your fields.
And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand."

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

I have. I have not shot anything but targets. They do fly pretty good. I wouldn't go as for to say they fly like field points but very easily tuned. The new 4 blades are very sharp. They are a quality built head and I think they would hold up hitting bone. I wouldn't be afraid of using them but I'd practice with them a bunch before hunting. I think WayneB. has used them on a couple deer last season and he liked them.

Last month I was in a bear hunting camp in Canada and two other hunters took some nice bears, one over 400 lbs, using the 100 slick tricks broadhead. The bears didn't go far and made for an easy recovery. I didn't see the damage done but one bear only went 10 yards and dropped.

The other guys can comment on what weight head you should consider. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

They are really popular here-they are from here! Lol
I don't use them, but I've seen and heard alot of good. The thing I most commonly hear is they create some GOOD bloodtrails!! big exit wounds!!

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:27 PM

They sure do look very interesting.....I may have to try a couple out for my arrows.
-Eric

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

All these fancy broadheads these days, it makes you wonder how my ancestors managed to make a kill with flint arrowheads. ;) :lol:

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

All these fancy broadheads these days, it makes you wonder how my ancestors managed to make a kill with flint arrowheads. ;) :lol:

Yours and mine my friend started with stone broadheads and it's wonder we made it this far EH!
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:10 PM

I use them and love them. I accidently shot one throught the skull of a deer. It made it all the way to the chest cavity and all I had to do was change the blades. Tip was not damaged or dulled. Will continue to use them. Just be sure to spin test them first before shooting them. they hit 1" higher and to the right of my field tips.

Edited by FrankSr, 13 July 2007 - 04:12 PM.

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:04 PM

I have yet to even see one in person, partner. They are often in short supply. From my point of view, I think it looks like a very solid head. But, I've never had luck with getting really good flight out of any 4 blade broadhead. So, I probably won't ever bother to try them.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:12 AM

I have yet to even see one in person, partner. They are often in short supply. From my point of view, I think it looks like a very solid head. But, I've never had luck with getting really good flight out of any 4 blade broadhead. So, I probably won't ever bother to try them.

Jeremiah they fly pretty darn good. Like I said not just like a field point but close. They a re very short in length so they don't steer from the front a lot. They are solidly put together and sharp from the point to the blades.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users