Larry $ Must Have Stopped By

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

I could swear the only way to get 3 bears in your neighborhood all on the same day would be if Larry $ came by.
as far as I know he wasn't here, but the bears sure were.
One large Cin. 1 Small Black and one guy ( we think he might be tipping the bottle a bit ) claims there was a silver grizzly. now he's the only one who saw the silver...so we don't know. And we don't have Grizzlys that I know if Colorado .

But the first sighting was around 11:30 am and went till 9 pm. they stayed in our little 30 house subdivision all day. My neighbor Matt. he left a bag of trash in the bed of his pickup. Neighor on the other side of him has photos of the smaller black, climbing into the bed of his truck ( while Matt was at work ) sitting down, opening up the trash and going through it. Amazing it was all paperwork type trash with some coffee grounds. not kitchen trash.

In any case...Matt had a mess to clean up when he got home and the bear got his caffinee buzz for the day.
better then Starbucks.

Around 9 pm they were last seen headed back towards the creek

They have been spotted in other areas around here. The two of them run together. One guy has photos of them together on his front deck. ( just down the road from us )

did I mention I went on line and got my OTC/Cap Bear tags yesterday LOL.
won't be activily hunting bear, but if I cross one...we sure will give it a shot.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

Having those blackies around the home would make for some interesting encounters and it would definitely make you want to keep some bear repellent spray close by or something with punching power. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

Good luck on the bears this year Bruce!
-Eric

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

Maybe if I took a bath once in awhile the bears wouldn't be so interested, eh?
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Matt and Colleen got these photos as they left our subdivisions yesterday. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

good looking bear :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:55 AM

Good pics. To bad theres no pic of that silver. To be honest, I'd rather have bears come into my yard like that then the new neighbors, friends aggressive pit bull thats already chased me into my home once but ran away by the time I came back out with the 12 guage. police came, told them what happened. the k9 unit told me itd be ok to whack it if I was in my yard and it tried to attack me again. cops told the neighbor & landlord. landlord says the dog cant visit anymore but it still does. Im looking to sell my mobil home and we're looking at a house on a 1/4 acre right now. my neighborhood is going to heck in a handbasket. We had a change in ownership & hes let 2 people in that should have stayed in center city. now all the good neighbors are looking to move out. It's not worth the aggrevation and I really dont want to shoot anything thats not either at the range or dinner.

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

Okay McBruce when is bear season in CO? And what bait have you been using? :lol:

You might be able to test that honey burn on this big guy ^_^

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 13 July 2007 - 01:58 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

No lie! That's a good bear!
Posted Image

#9 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:15 PM

Bear season isn't till fall...opens a few days after Elk season...I think Sept 2nd.

no baiting in colorado its all spot and stalk ;)

ohh and Leo...that is the little on. the cinnimon is a lot bigger

I saw both bears together this morning around 7 am. they were to far out to get photos and I was heading to work. Honestly...the other one is much bigger. I did tell Colleen she did a good job getting him next to the barb wire. you can see his back is between the 3rd and top strand. :) good way to gage his size.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users