Bears In The Front Yard

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

well the little black....he must have told his older buddy about the people who leave out bird feeders in our subdivsions. at 6:30 this morning, Dakota is going ballistic. our phone rings and its Matt ( the guy who took the pictures of the black ) and he says...KEEP DAKOTA INSIDE. ok why? cause I'm in your driveway and there is a huge Chocolate black bear out here. He was on my deck...on Joe's deck and is currently climbing up on the deck of your neighbors house directly across the street ( we all have 1 acre lots )

out the door I go with my camera :)

yea...it was Blackies bigger buddy :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:16 AM

So cute, makes you want to run out and give em a big ole hug.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:10 AM

I bet the neighbors went :eek: looking out at the friendly bird food raider.

:photo: McBruce you did it again - greaT shots!

Now why didn't I get to see something that big in Canada last month :shootme: That's a very nice bear and the color of it's fur is outstanding. UUMMM CHOCOLATE! :lol:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 16 July 2007 - 07:12 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

Trust me Mark...this boy got the blood pumping. Even the big black that was under my stand didn't compair to this boy...

and the sad part...I just got my OTC/Cap bear tag....for a diffrent unit. ARGGGGG
I could have put in for here , since this is where my deer tag is. I opted to put in the same unit I'll be elk hunting.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

Now let me see, A couple of master toxophlytes go to Canada and to my recolection a cinnimon bear was taken. Now a really large color phase bear is prowling around the neighborhood. Could it be that the current bear is looking for the person that did in her offspring. Bruce, if I were you not only keep Dakota inside but you may want to consider heeding that advice yourself.

Seriously that is a really good looking bear. Or if you were Larry it would be a really bad looking bear.

Note of caution. A number of years ago our neighborhood was visited a number of times by a several hundred pound black bear. One of my neighbors had let his rather large dogs out and they chased the bruin off. Well once the bear decided it had enough and stood its ground and so severely mauled one dog that the vet could not save it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

Gotta love what a bird feeder will do. I've had the same results from the apple trees in our backyard.

Be safe out there, Bruce. Those Bears don't care one bit about where they get food. They just want it and take it. You talk to game boyz about these guys yet?
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

right now they really don't want to do anything as he hasn't caused any damage anyplace ( other then humming bird feeders ) which we have posted notices and put it in our HOA news letter to take them down.

if they have to tag the bear ( 2 tags and they are put down )
we already live in the twigs so not sure where they would haul him off to , if it came to trap and relocate.

we are printing out some pictures of him to put with the posted notices ( maybe a picture will get peoples attention ) when it comes to taking stuff in.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:00 AM

Wow Bruce.......you have bears everywhere but your living room couch!
-Eric

#9 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

cool a fury version of JAWS

#10 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

Wow Bruce.......you have bears everywhere but your living room couch!

Run...ya sure??????

Posted Image

Posted Image
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#11 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Um, Bruce? Can you tell me again why you go to Canada for a bear hunt?

Oh, they bring the Pittsburgh area problem Bears up to the State land our place is backed up to. We see the PGC truck with the bear trap in tow often.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#12 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:35 PM

for the FISHING :)
Posted Image

Our Guide Ronnie showed us how its suppose to be done ( by the way he told us to put on jigs were were at a Walleye Hole )
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#13 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:06 AM

for the FISHING :)
Posted Image

Our Guide Ronnie showed us how its suppose to be done ( by the way he told us to put on jigs were were at a Walleye Hole )

And for the shore lunches, the great north country and it's wildlife, great outfitter and hosts.

Oh by the way that was a walleye hole and darn fast one. Ron our guide had to use plastic bright pink curly tail on yellow round headed 1/4 ounce jig heads on the bottom to catch the fish on 8 lbs line. So he hooked this 20 plus pound pike and landed. That's a fisherman.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#14 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:19 AM

Run...ya sure??????

Posted Image

Posted Image

:o Are you sure Dakota isn't just a bear in a dog costume Bruce? :D
-Eric

#15 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

The stovepipe forelegs on that dude could certainly deliver a swat that would get your attention!

Very nice quality bear. Hope HOA heeds the warnings. Nothing stops a bear like that when he's lost his fear of humans.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users