34 replies to this topic

#31 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:40 AM

Mudduck you confused me on that one. BTW that is not hard to do. I spent 20 minutes looking for my car keys this morning then another 10 trying to find my shoes..

I am hopeless :(

Fatty

Ahhh grasshopper, but were you able to find where you parked your truck? ;) :lol:

#32 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

We all are free to express our feelings but remember no matter what we say they are only our own personal opinions and if we are inclined to out of hand condemn someone elses actions remember to let the one without sin cast the first stone or in this case bullet.

He shot the elk in the hip...twice...before the lethal shot.
That equates to a miss of 0.156 inches at 100 yards...just over 1/8th of an inch...not including the wind, air density, etc.
My condemnation is in no way, shape or form, "out of hand"...I don't care how good buddy thinks he is.

It was unethical, irresponsible, and unnecessary.

"...only our own personal opinion..."...Ever heard of PETA, HSUS, IFAW, et al?? They ARE the enemy !...and they LOVE this kind of fodder !!

...and as for the first stone...DUCK !!...INCOMING !!!...I AM better than that BS...and always will be.

Bob

#33 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

You see, Iíve noticed a couple of things while this is going on.

1) The person who did the shot, and did a post and opened himself up to either pats on the back by his buddies or a kick in the pants from those who don't know him, DID NOT post on the HR site.

This person posted on another site, and that post was brought here. (Good point inserted here, once you click send or enter, it is no longer your own.) So when you are posting or emailing, keep in mind that even if its on HR it might be getting taken apart someplace else by people you don't even know and on a site you may not ever have intentions of ever going to, or know exists.

2) This is a hot topic. It makes blood boil with passion. The passion comes from those have compassion for the animals they hunt. Itís without a doubt something that that we all here care about. My concern is this.
Members here who have known each other for years (or I should say I've known here for years) are sending posts out attacking each other. WHY?
Over someone you don't know posted on a site most didn't know existed until this thread came up.

I have suspect to this thread. And what is behind it. And why just when it calms down, it gets stirred back up again. With all honesty I would suggest this one be put to bed and we move on to the next topic.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#34 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

Agreed, when I saw this get posted I thought "oh sh#@" here we go. People get their panties in a rough over this dumb topic everything. I said my piece--I didn't like what I saw. I said it a bit more constructiviely then Bob IMO, but we all have different ways to voice ourselves.]

I would vote to delete the thread, it has been a waste of time and a bad exposure to younger memebers....

fatty

Edited by bonecollector34, 28 July 2007 - 05:31 PM.

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#35 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

Marty.
Honestly. I've known Bob a long long time. I'm sort of happy to see something light a fire under his keyboard and get him riled up again. I've missed his input. Cause ya see the guy has alot to offer and add.

Like I said, its passion for ethics and treating the animals we hunt with respect. I dont blame anyone for getting upset about praising actions that cause undo pain to an animal.

some people will write with flowing verbaliages that makes you wonder how they do it, others will sound like blue collar steel workers. ( Me, I sound more like the blue collared steel worker most of the time )

Now if anyone wants to continue this converstation, the very first post gives the link back to where it all started and feel free to have the converstation of 1000 yard or 2000 yard shooting there.
cause I'm NOT gonna watch this group of friends get ripped apart because of a topic like this, that didn't even come from our own group but from some other site.

as of now its closed. will stay closed and if someone opens a new thread to keep it going, it will be deleted.

enough is enough,
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users