#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

O' GREAT SPIRIT,
Whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to all the world, hear me!
I am small and weak, I need your strength and wisdom.
Let Me Walk In Beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make My Hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make Me Wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.
Let Me Learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock.
I Seek Strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy---myself.
Make Me Always Ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.
So When Life Fades, as the fading sunset,
my spirit may come to you without shame. So says Adanvdo Towodi ( Spirit Hawk ^i^)

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:37 PM

thats a great prayer. Thank you.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:25 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you spirithawk. After reading a few books over the years and reading your stories I wonder who the savages really are. Certainly not the american indian.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you spirithawk. After reading a few books over the years and reading your stories I wonder who the savages really are. Certainly not the american indian.

Paul, my freind, if I had a dollar for every time I've been called a Heathen Savage, for my traditional Cherokee beliefs, then me and you would travel the world and hunt any where we took a notion. ;) :lol: Those ministers I've spoken to over the years, of various religions and that took the time to listen, have often told me of their surprise that native American beliefs are not unlike Chritianity. Basically Native Americans believe there is one Creator, that he is in every one and in all things, and to show disrespect to anyone or anything is to show disrespect to the Creator himself and that no one nor anything is perfect, except for the Creator himself, but that each has it's place in this world. I sincerely hope I do not offend anyone here by my beliefs and stories.

Edited by Spirithawk, 22 July 2007 - 04:27 PM.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

Vey cool pray and thanks for sharing it Spirit. ;)

I'd definitely would think the Cherokee and other nations of the Americas are very much a developed culture. It always amazes me how so many religions evoke similar prayers. Christian, Jewish, Moslem, and Buddhist have one like this with the same basic message or communication to the one Great Spirit if you really look for the message. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

Spirithawk one of the books I read was "Mystic Warriors of the Plains" which I recall was written by a minister. He was as much in awe as I of just how religious the plains indians were. All that they did was to honor the great one. Whether in war or at peace or their dress, ceremonies and their stories.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

thats a great prayer. Thank you.

thanks for the stories norm, i have always respected the native americans...this is their country that our fore fathers took from them.....and as others have stated their religous beliefs are the same ...one God....keep the stories coming...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users