7 replies to this topic

#1 BigT9293

BigT9293

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

Mr. Thomas took me and casey to a charity shoot and auction and the bloomington archery club yesterday and it was fun. We shot the orange stakes, the hunter stakes i think. but i shot a 244, not great but not horrible. the auction was fun. i bought a browning sight, a browning window decal and a bow case all for under $20. The proceeds went to FHFH. did you know 1 deer can feed 200 meals. that was something i didn't know and i think i might donate a deer this year to the cause. Hey any body heard from Mr. Thomas for a while, he's missin all the fun. :mia:

Edited by BigT9293, 23 July 2007 - 08:09 AM.

#2 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

I'm here Big T and it was my pleasure!

I shot a horrid round on Saturday and was even worse on Sunday, but it was all for a good cause and I had fun too. The auction was the best entertainment I've had in a while. A fast talking quick witted auctioneer and a bunch of hunting and archery rednecks all bidding on hunting stuff - that's the full measure ingredients for a fun time right there.

Turns out i was chasing sights all day Saturday and Sunday only to find out I didn't fully understand the sight on my bow (go figure). Hopefully I have it ironed out now.

FHFH is now in our local counties - woohoo! i've been donating through our local CFC for three years and now i get to donate deer to the cause too. :yes:
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:17 PM

Thank you Hatchet for looking after my honorary grandson. Sure wished we lived closer that boy needs to learn some black powder shooting, and camping, and fishing plus more.

Hey Big T if I get a turkey this fall I owe you a wingbone call. Got to shoot the ingredients first though. Lol

You did remember to say thank you to Mr Mark didn't you.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 23 July 2007 - 03:19 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 BigT9293

BigT9293

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

Yes i did. i think i did it a few times if i remember right. one for helpin out with my bow(sights broke and i got a quiver change and a bow sling attached and he helped with all of it. thanks again mr. thomas) and a few times takin time to bring me along. i think this will definitely help this fall :) . I would like to gather the ingredients with my bow this fall. I have always wanted to shoot black powder, just haven't had enough money to buy a black powder rifle. oh i remember shootin one at a camp once, it was sweet :yes: .

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

Yes i did. i think i did it a few times if i remember right. one for helpin out with my bow(sights broke and i got a quiver change and a bow sling attached and he helped with all of it. thanks again mr. thomas) and a few times takin time to bring me along. i think this will definitely help this fall :) . I would like to gather the ingredients with my bow this fall. I have always wanted to shoot black powder, just haven't had enough money to buy a black powder rifle. oh i remember shootin one at a camp once, it was sweet :yes: .

Now that is great you said thanks. If you lived nearby I have a selection of muzzleloaders we could shoot but I know it is a good days drive from there to here. I go to Kansas about twice a year on I70 and who knows maybe I may look you up on one of those trips. It would be great to meet you and Mr Thomas. Hey it just might happen.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:16 AM

Sounds like a great time ! Hey BigT...don't think for a minute that you/Casey/ Mr. Thomas can't pack your gear for a trip to the NW corner of PA for a snowbelt deer hunt ! Ol' PAridge would be beside himself getting up there to join ya ! ;)
Posted Image

#7 BigT9293

BigT9293

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

Now that is great you said thanks. If you lived nearby I have a selection of muzzleloaders we could shoot but I know it is a good days drive from there to here. I go to Kansas about twice a year on I70 and who knows maybe I may look you up on one of those trips. It would be great to meet you and Mr Thomas. Hey it just might happen.

You just might have to do that. i sure would like to meet my honorary grandfather.
Hey phil i just might have to get the thomas' and try that. My mom was wanting a vacation :yes:

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

Congratulations you crazy kids! Sounds like alot of fun

Marty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic