35 replies to this topic

#31 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

I have been rocking with "THE NUGE" since he hit the rock scene way back. I really love this guy and how articulate he speaks when put in the pressure cooker. You just got to love how he never backs down and always seems to come out the winner. When my grand baby boys are old enough I plan to take them up to his camp for kids.

Steve

#32 Hindsite

Hindsite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Here is the Fox interview I had before the bill was killed.

#33 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:52 AM

Great read. Thanks for posting!

#34 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

Embedding is disabled on the link Hindsite posted. So here is the link.

Interview
Posted Image

#35 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

I'm an all-around Uncle Ted fan, no denying it.

I've hunted game behind fence - some of it was relatively easy and some of it absolutely kicked my butt. I've been to Texas twice for Axis and have yet to loose an arrow (not on Axis, Audad or Blackbuck - I'm just not good enough yet). Put a wary animal behind fences - with enough room - and hunt him hard - that's the most difficult animal to kill there is. Want to test your skill? Try to spot and stalk one of those three in a relatively large enclosure some time.

I've read some on congregating animals and the spread of prions (mad cow type disease) and I just don't know what to make of it all. I know here in Indiana the DNR is dead set against it. The Indiana Bowhunters Association is dead set against it (mainly because of the Bellair incident with Jimmy Houston - drugging animals and herding them in front of the camera for Jimmy to film his big hunt and put it on tv). There are limits, but I believe most of those limits would be self correcting if hunters were honorable individuals and simply didn't spend their money in a place of poor experience. Don't know what to say about Jimmy and the "Cubby" incidents.

I know this - i enjoy my American freedoms. Any time someone from the outside tries to take something away, my alarm goes up and I'm immediately on the defensive. Take away my freedom of choice because of a lunatic fringe - That automatically gets the no vote.

Here's one of my "litmus tests" - if one group tries to take something away from another group and group number one has an agenda, tends to ignore science, rely's on misinformation and emotion - that's a bad deal.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#36 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

Uncle Ted is awesome.... he's out there to promote EVERY kind of hunting not just the ones he enjoys/beleives in.... he's a credit to our sport and if I ever get the chance to meet him I'll say it right to his face LOL
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users