4 replies to this topic

#1 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:19 AM

ok my web browser is gone...and now my history button is gone ...is someome browworing them :lol: :lol: ...i know very little about these things so i need help to recover them...thanks
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:33 AM

I'm assuming you have Internet Explorer. (What version, I do not know.) Regardless, you should be able to go to Tools >> Toolbars >> Customise... and add whatever buttons you wish. (If you recently upgraded to IE7, the History button is now a tab at the top of the "Favorites Star" in the upper left hand corner.)

If customizing the toolbars doesn't work and you just have things mysteriously disappearing (especially if you're the only one who uses the computer), then it's time to download and re-install IE...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

You could also just switch to FireFox...
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

If you have Windows XP Tom, It might be that you somehow accidently dragged it over to the left or right of the browser screen. Look at the far right or left and you might see some something that looks similar to a colon -------> ::

Drag that up or down or left if it is on the right side and opposite if it is on the left side.

That would always happen to me when we had Windows XP. I wouldn't be paying attention to where the cursor was and poof! My address bar would be gone.
-Eric

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:04 PM

If you have Windows XP Tom, It might be that you somehow accidently dragged it over to the left or right of the browser screen. Look at the far right or left and you might see some something that looks similar to a colon -------> ::

Drag that up or down or left if it is on the right side and opposite if it is on the left side.
That would always happen to me when we had Windows XP. I wouldn't be paying attention to where the cursor was and poof! My address bar would be gone.

That's why you should always go to Tools>> Toolbars>> and check the option "Lock the Toolbars" once you have them how you want them. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

ok my tols was locked somhow but i unlocked and started draging...got it back thanks for the help jere and run...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users