14 replies to this topic

#1 Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

Howdy, we finally got a break from all the rain so I did some hunting. So far all I've posted is trail cam pics so here's some dead animal pics so nobody thinks I'm some kinda PETA spy or something..lol

Huck (Will) sent me some PSE Brute Mechanical Broadheads to try out. They are awesome. Both pigs were over 150 pounds. Both boars will thick sheilds. Both shots penatrated to my vanes. Both expired in seconds.

This one was the first test dummy. He came out @ 8pm and faced me while he ate. Finally some deer came in behind him. He turned to watch them and I sent my arrow to him. I watched the white fletch stop tight to his skin. He ran out of sight and I heard him crash hard just in the brush. He rolled down a hill and I had to do some serious heaving to get rm back up to a jeep trail.

Posted Image

The second one I never got a pic of. A lady had been calling me telling me of a mean boar that had her pinned in her house. She was scarred of him cause he wouldn't run away. I was so busy I missed her calls the first time. Two days later after alotta rain he came back. I dropped all work and hurried to her house. There he was rooting her yard for grubs. I got my bow out and walked in to get a shot. At 30 yards he would turn and face me while he rooted. I couldn't get broadside. I spied an opening in some cedars behind him so I got back in my truck like I was leaving. The lady was watching me in her window. She looked dissapointed. I put my hand up to let her know. "dont come out yet". She misunderstood and thought I was leaving...lol
I pulled out and stalked in to the clearing and there he was perfect broadside at 20 yards. I put the arrow tight on his shoulder and once again the fletching stopped the arrow. Instantly his whole side turned red. He whirled around and ran a 5 yard circle. He fell over and was dead. The lady was in her garage when I took the shot. She saw the whole thing. I was worried she'd take it hard. I always try to hide these kinda things from non hunters. She was amazed. Her exact words were "It's like you flipped a switch on him and he just fell over" I told her that's that way it's supposed to be done. It was waycool.

Thanks for the Mechs Huck they worked excellent. I'm hooked

Heres some pics of some small ones Me and a buddy killed recently
Posted Image

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:55 AM

Way to go bacon man. :yes:

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:53 AM

Now thats how you bring home the bacon!!

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:43 AM

Sweet :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

As the Nuge would say those pics give me pork chop fever.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

Nice Pigs!
-Eric

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

Way cool. Bowhunting piggys is a blast. Hey thanks for sharing those hunts and pics.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

Well Frank

I see you haven't gotten any prettier since I last hung out with ya! LOL

You da man bro, a killin' machine

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#9 buckee

buckee

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Blacktails(otherwise known as DinkyDog Deer)<br />Painting carving. walking/being in the woods.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

All I see is that little piggy, turning on a spit, dripping with honey/garlic sauce. Mmmmmmmm Mmm :D

Nice job. ..very nice.
Posted Image

#10 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

Just call him....
The Exterminator!!!!!
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#11 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

The PSE Brute heads are kinda in between Rocket Sidewinders and Rocket Stricknines.

The Brute Heads are 100gr with a 1.75" cutting diameter versus the 100gr Sidewinders 1.5".

The Stricknines are 2" cut heads but weigh in at 125grs.

Anyhow all these heads are very similar and proven designs.

Just make absolutely sure you don't forget to install the washer that comes with each head. If you forget the blades will destroy your insert.

I'm moving this to archery gear review to make it easier to find in the future.

Edited by Leo, 15 August 2007 - 09:48 AM.

Posted Image

#12 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Save a piggie Frank, I will be there in November! I have saved several nice goats for ya :)

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#13 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

Nice Boar Frank-you can see the wrinkles from the gristle plates on his "outer" areas in the broadside/1st picture. Them plates must have been thick!
BTW-Marty(and Will)-Me and Frank just closed on a deal down in the "golden triangle" area of S. Texas for a 600 acre ranch outside of Cotulla!!!! Mucho pigs!! Mucho quail and dove! Poccito -GRANDE deer! Since me and Frank are the sole leassers, mi casa esta su casa! I can smell the bacon cook'in....can't wait to have you guys!
We're going down to build feeder pens and corn it in the next week or so.

#14 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

BTW, It seems Frank is earning the WacM name :yes:

Great news about the lease Tony. I'm happy for you guys.
Posted Image

#15 steelrain202

steelrain202

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:38 AM

Awesome shots and great pics. I am looking forward to getting into some decent hunting here in Texas. I have found that so much is privately owned or leased and lease prices are so expensive. Hunting on post is virtual nightmare, it is so difficult its almost as if they dont want you hunting. I have been stationed many places and Ft Hood is by far the most difficult to hunt on. The ungodly rules and regs. Heck I got a strong back, a truck and few bucks I would be so willing to lend to someone to let me hunt some pigs/ let me prove my worth and then you can think about letting me take a doe. Good job guys.
Only the dead know the end of war.- Plato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users