6 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

http://www.starrflight.com/index.php here is the website for them they look like the concept would work but I dont know about them kinda like the thought of a gyro (that we made outa paper in high school)(you know the round paper things that looked like a tin can open in the middle)LOL
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

FOBs :) (Fletching Only Better)

Only work with drop away rests. The shape is a proven aerodynamic one. They should work. The reduced side area of the arrow should help it cut wind better. They won't survive groups on a target and supposedly they pop off on pass thrus.

Interesting concept.
Posted Image

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

I was wondering how they would survive a pass through shot. I'll stick to vanes though. If aint broke don't fix it.

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

Their claim is that the FOB popping off on passthrough is desirable because it marks the spot where the arrow impacted the deer. (My claim is that it's hard enough to find an arrow after shooting a deer with bright vanes on it, let alone when there is nothing on the arrow. :lol: )

For my take, I tried TurboNocks and they just never worked out for me. They flew okay. But, I didn't like the hard fin against my chin. Fair assessment or not, I've suspected FOBs would be similar. So, I've never bothered to try them.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

Their claim is that the FOB popping off on passthrough is desirable because it marks the spot where the arrow impacted the deer. (My claim is that it's hard enough to find an arrow after shooting a deer with bright vanes on it, let alone when there is nothing on the arrow. :lol: )

For my take, I tried TurboNocks and they just never worked out for me. They flew okay. But, I didn't like the hard fin against my chin. Fair assessment or not, I've suspected FOBs would be similar. So, I've never bothered to try them.

Jeremiah is right about trying to find an arrow after it's been shot in the woods. The plastic FOB would be no help in my humble opinion in that part of the hunt.

I would like to try one before I condemn it to the recycling plastic pile heap. ^_^
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

they suggest using a bright color wrap (there ya go spirit partner up with them) to aid in the recovery of the arrow due to the FOB falling off on passthrough
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:01 PM

they suggest using a bright color wrap (there ya go spirit partner up with them) to aid in the recovery of the arrow due to the FOB falling off on passthrough

Yeah... I know. I've watched the videos. I even have a friend who shoots them and likes them. I'm not speakin' out for or against, I'm just sayin' why I haven't tried them. I've just never found fletchings to be the pain in the rear end some do. I like my Blazers. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users