3 replies to this topic

#1 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

I have just tried a box of the Federal fusion 180 grain bullets in my 300 wsm and are they every accurate.
every thing I have read about them seems to be correct.
They are suppose to be state-of-the-art ammo.
I was just wondering if anyone else has used this ammo.

Thanks

Ricf
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

I have. They are quite accurate for me as well.

I don't think they a real tough bullet, regardless of that fact it is supposed to be bonded. I honestly wouldn't use them on anything bigger then deer. And if the area you are hunting is very thick and blood trailing will be required after the shot, I'd consider something else. When they did exit for me they didn't make that big a hole. As a result, not much of a blood trail to follow.
Posted Image

#3 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

Leo
I have to agree with you on this ammo, from what I am finding out the Fusion was designed for deer.
According to Federal this is a design for deer, they recommed Nosler Partion or Trophy bonded. I have used these before with good rewults but the Fusion really shoots well out of my 300.
I guess I better listen to my guit feelings.....lol
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

Ric,

Since you've shot some of the Fusion stuff through your gun, please try something for me.

I just did a copper solvent bore clean on my rifle after shooting a bunch of the Fusion stuff today. Frankly, I was stunned by the amount of metal fouling I had to clean out. I'm wondering if it was the Fusion bullets. My experience with them is they are pretty soft. So I really wouldn't be too surprised if they are the culprits.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users