#1 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

Jer,
i remember seeing you talk about dead down wind .Did you ever try it out ? And if so how did it work for you?I was going to give it a try this year..
thanks
Dennis

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

I didn't get to hunt but one day last year. So, I didn't get to give it much of a try. I did end up giving it to my father and he seemed to think it worked well. (Better than Scent Killer? Don't know.)

I've decided to go back to Scent Killer myself because I found out that DDW has a shelf life. They claim 2 years, but the odor of the product was getting stronger after only 1. You see, the enzymes in DDW lay dormant until introduced to an odor molecule. The dormant enzymes actually have a faint smell of beef jerky. Once you wash in it / spray it on the smell goes away. However, as time goes on and the enzyme dies off the smell becomes stronger and doesn't go away.

All told, the stuff seems to work as advertised. (I still use the breath spray in favor of something like Gum-O-Flage.) But, I tend to buy scent elimination products in bulk and since DDW doesn't even stamp their bottles with an expiration date (despite even their web site stating it only has a 2 year shelf life) I'd just as soon avoid the hassle. I know that the baking soda in Scent Killer is going to be there and absorb odor whenever I use it.

I think it's a personal call what you use. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users