4 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:51 AM

last friday for my B-day Heather took me over to Dicks sporting goods and we had the peep moved up about 1/4 inch to match my draw. well the guy that was working and did it for me was a nice guy when he cut the "lock string" to move the peep he nicked the string. not noticeable at the store all was good (or so I thought) yesterday was the first time I had shot it since having this done and couldnt figure out after about 25 arrows it started creeping down having to aim higher on the targets. I started looking at the front sites to make sure they were tight and all was good then looked at the peep and noticed that the string was freyed really bad and that the top "lock string" was loose and moved about 2 inches up on the string and the peep was moved about an inch up (shoulda noticed it before that cause it didnt line up with the kisser but was thinking that I was still not used to it being set to me) well I called Dicks today and they ordered me a new string and it will be here on Monday and they are putting it on for free they apologized and said that when I came in on Monday to talk to the manager and he should have a gift card to go along with them replacing the string well needless to say yesterday when I found this out I was steaming mad and didnt expect it to go this easy let alone getting a bonus from them for the problems (dont know what it will be dont really care itll be spent on more arrows and broadheads anyways LOL) and its cutting it close season starts in 2 weeks so thats all Ill have to get it fine tuned really pushing the time limit here for me

Edited by irinman2424, 14 September 2007 - 11:53 AM.

I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

well the new string is on the bow and all was take care of but here is a question for you all before I had the new string put on I was shooting at a cardboard mold for cement and the arrows were going about 1/2 way in now when I got the bow back today and I was shooting WOW they were going through the cardboard and into the siding of the shed (basically a 1/4 inch piece of plywood) and still penetrating 1/2 the arrow or more what would make for the increase of power with the new string?

Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

I'd guess they put the new string on and increased the poundage by doing it. I'd check that. After about 50 to 100 shots that new string will be stretched out and it might be back to your original poundage before the new one was installed.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:06 PM

thats what I was assuming Rowdy was that the other string might have been stretched a bit and this one is tighter making it stronger (for a loss of other words) and with the stretch as I shoot it it will drop again

Posted Image

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:09 PM

went shooting again today and they were all over the place to the right of the target well walked into bass pro and they looked it over and WOW everything was out on it when they put the levels on it the arrow was angled down about 1/2 bubble (knocking points when they put the new string on it ) and the biscuit was off to the left about 2/3 inch so when everything was squared and tuned in I was shooting about 4 foot to the right of the paper well the site that I got at dicks was only 12 on clearance wouldnt move over enough to correct it and there was nothing I could do about it it just wouldnt hit the target without me adjusting for it good thing I still had some left on the gift card (used the rest of it )they put a new site on it for me and now just need to site it in its a 4 pin tru glo brite site extreme with a violet let light on it for dim light conditions it was marked down to 32 again Im just glad that I still had a bit left on the gift card or I woulda been been out luck for opener next weekend

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users