2 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:35 PM

last night Frank SR. and myself went out to do a little dove hunting but since I havent been bird hunting in a long time I decided to stop and have Heather throw some clays for me to get into practice again. well I thought I did pretty good splattering 70 of the 75 (but considering the source of the clays being thrown I contribute alot of that to Heather throwing them extremely slow) feeling better about the aim and all we called it quits. we went to Heathers mom and dads for a couple hours till Frank called about 4:45 gave me directions and I headed over. we got out got all set up and seen 2 fawns (still in spots) playing in the field they would come out nose around a bit then go back into hiding for a bit then appear again. we seen another hunter come out (no gun assuming he was scouting) kneeled down and seen the 2 fawns go almost to him in curiosity. well we did see a few that were too far away so we moved closer to the end of the field then 1 flew across the field I took 1 shot and missed but when I shot them fawns came out and started right towards us getting within 60 yards frolicking and playing getting to be too late we headed out empty handed but it was a time of being out in the field and enjoying fellowship with and learning from another fellow hunter/ board member. now Im just waiting on the opportunity to be able to do it again Thanks Frank for the experience and fellowship

Edited by irinman2424, 14 September 2007 - 02:17 PM.

I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

Sounds like you two had some fun!
-Eric

#3 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:18 PM

yep i went out last weekend dove hunting think i droped 1 for every 10 shots 2 of us we ended up with 15 doves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users