• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:27 AM

Tom you hit it on the head. If a certain load of powder is producing a lot of flame outside the barrel then that load is just wasting powder and definately has an effect on accuracy.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#17 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

Haven't shot them yet but Jason just bought some in .50 cal.

#18 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

Jason has been shooting powerbelts for a while now. Both in his Knight and now in his Optima. He's killed a few deer and so far has found no reason to switch. He pushes them with 100 gr of Pyrodex. How ever, reading your posts has me wondering. He has told me that he's shot at deer, that he couldn't imagine how he could miss, and had them run off with no sign of being hit. Kinda makes me wonder if maybe he did hit them and they just didn't leave any blood trail.

#19 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

Jason has been shooting powerbelts for a while now. Both in his Knight and now in his Optima. He's killed a few deer and so far has found no reason to switch. He pushes them with 100 gr of Pyrodex. How ever, reading your posts has me wondering. He has told me that he's shot at deer, that he couldn't imagine how he could miss, and had them run off with no sign of being hit. Kinda makes me wonder if maybe he did hit them and they just didn't leave any blood trail.

I don't know Norm, cuz PA and I don't use them BUT I have read on different forums that some people love them but just the same case as your last sentence, some have had that problem also. I don't care to use them as what we use has never failed us.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#20 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

Eric, I'm currently using MMP Sabots with 310 gr. Nossler Copper Jacketed flat nosed bullets. They perform well but are a real bear to load at times. Especialy in the cold. This last weekend I had to reload after shooting my doe. Wasn't sure I'd hit her. It took every ounce of my strength to get that bullet down the barrel. Yes I'd swabbed it first. It's just that they fit pretty tight and in the cold that sabbot didn't have much give. Anyways, Jason keeps telling me I should try the Powerbelts. Don't know though as I'm looking to get a 209x.50 barrel for my Encore. My Knight MK-85 .54 may just be up for sale or trade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users