• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:34 AM

Dawn got this lil pocket dog , a white TacoBell pooch. Cost almost as much as my last rifle. Anyway, last night about 10pm she goes out front with the lil pooch to let it relieve itself. Comes in a few mins later breathless and paralyzed with fear. After a minute or two when she can talk she told me theres a coyote in the front yard and he growled loud and moved toward me. I dont think in 22 yrs I have ever seen her so full of fear. We have had coyotes in the front yard often, almost daily or nightly, as they poop right next to my front stoop 5' from the front door( some kind of coyote challege? ). I took my 45auto and a flashlight and went out but the yote was gone. I guess today I'll be moving the rear porchlight to the end of the house and designing a silencer for my Marlin :)22LR. I may get another hide for the wall(havent got the first one back from the dang taximan yet!).

I just love life in the suburban wilderness.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:57 AM

Good luck getting rid of that varmit!

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

Wow you had better move that light and get that growling yote. We sure don't want anything to happen to the star E3 chef especially one that knows where Bellefonte is.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 17 September 2007 - 09:05 AM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

If it didn't cross your mind the yote was inviting your dog to its dinner. I'd be packing a little more power next time I'd step out side to walk the dog and have it on a leash. That way you can reel in the bait and unload a clip into the varmit. ;) I hope you get your new pelt soon.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

Mmmmmmm opening up an a coyote. Sounds like fun :)
-Eric

#6 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:10 AM

Ain.t got that old dog yet :( in spite of many nights set waiting. I'll just keep on setting and callin. ;)
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#7 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

Here is how you do it, Silver.

You invite your worthless buddy Eastman down to hunt and tie his worthless rear side to a tree and use him for bait..

Naw, that won't work, even a coyote wouldn't eat Eastman

o:) :peace:

Just me, little fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#8 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

Am still night hunting the yard yote.

But, heres a link to the coyote I picked up from taxidermist today. I got it in Oct 06 while elk hunting with Dawn north of BlackHawk CO. It was a long wait for my first ever Colo trophy :

http://www.hunt101.c...hp?photo=523116
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#9 Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:02 PM

Put the lil doggy in a kennel on the front yard. wait for the yote and dont miss.

Good luck

#10 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

Answering my own post again as I so often do. I now have good evidence by the dozen new holes in our screen door that wile e coyote is trying to enter our home and eat the real dog, the orange cat, or the taco bell dog. I got home today and wife showed me our screen door with holes dug from the outside. When I went out back to have a looksee I found poop close to the stoop so I know ol wile-e is getting in the yard(which I suspected anyway).

So I got out the ol dbl-wore-out 22 revolver and cleaned and oiled it and loaded it with 9 fresh sub-sonic rounds. It was fun cleaning and oiling it up and trying to tighten up the many loose areas on the gun. It's an old old H&R 9 shot that was a gift form a friend.(Not sure why friends give me their handguns...) The gun is off by 6" at 25 yrds, but an in the house shot for defense will go where put and not disturb the neighbors. And it's not as loud as either 44 magnum or my 45auto. Maybe I otto buy some snake shot.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#11 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

The CCI .22 snake shot loads aren't very potent. May I suggest the CCI Quick Shok. They are .22 LR Super Hollow Point - 32 grain and are designed to fragment into three sections on impact, tripling it's stopping power.

Edited by Spirithawk, 05 October 2008 - 09:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users