• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

Well on the bright side it never went to waist.

Elk Meat
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:38 PM

Well my $.02

That supply should have gone to the national food bank for disaster relief, not to local residents who live in the heart of elk country.

I am comfortable saying that because I live here. Residents around here can KO elk all day on a depravation hunt like this. I have been on one. Like shooting a bottle off of a fence.

Too bad Wyoming has that mind set that they only want to help it's residents instead of joining in the fight for hunger across the nation.

In Laramie, we have the soup kitchen, Salvation Army and Inter-faith to assist needy residents of our community.

Well, your partially right Robert, it didn't rott.

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:24 PM

Your right Marty. I'm not sure why no food banks or disater relief was thought of or contacted. Another oversite by a federal agency.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#4 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:32 AM

What's done is done. Your right Robert, at least it didn't go to waste.
Posted Image

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:22 AM

I think that the reason that it was not given to a food bank is because it isn't allowed. I tried to give a bunch of meat and things to our food bank, and they refused it. They told me that it had to be canned goods or things like lipton soup etc. Anything that isn't processed in a factory isn't allowed. Me and the wife made a pile of shortbread cookies for Christmas and took them down there and they said that they would eat them, but could not distribute them.

#6 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:23 AM

It's a sanitation issue. Anything raw, unpackaged or of unknown origin could have any number of bad things in it; either by accident or on purpose. All it takes is one lawsuit by a sick shelter guest and the end result is tight regulations on what they can be fed.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#7 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

Some of these food banks are so particular in what they will and will not take for food, you wonder just how hungry these people are. They explained it is a matter of storage, distribution, and liability.

I have some real mixed emotions about food banks and "people in need." I was talking to a person who got commodities from a food bank because of their income, etc. They were complaining that the free food they got was not really what they wanted to eat. In fact I know they gave some of it away to other family members.

There are people that really have no idea what hunger is. I am glad the meat was given away and not just wasted...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:23 PM

Good points Cayugad!

I came from a large city to Wyoming. I don't think people realize what homeless is here.

Fatty ;)

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#9 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:38 AM

That wuld make for one heck of a cookout ...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users