Another Tourney

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:56 AM

Well all, competed in another tourney this weekend, shot 224 which put me in a 4 way tie for 5th(novice).... i elected to not shoot in the sudden death long dot to determine who actually got 5th.... but on a plus note, found out Saturday that the 219 i shot last month was good enough for 5th... so now i got a new plaque on the wall.
Semper Fi

#2 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:34 AM

Way to go Terry. I have never seen an archery tournament, but would love to some day. Congrats on the plaque.
Posted Image

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:49 PM

Wayne, thanks, if you shoot a bow, you might be interested in getting into the tourney scene, i'm a novice, this is really only my 2nd year shooting (first year starting early) if you watch your local paper, they may have them listed in the sports section if there is a lake report in ya'lls paper it should be on the same page, here, the archery clubs normally have it put in the Thursday edition, they are alot of fun, and you get to get out and visit with people who enjoy archery as well. I mainly shoot 3-D which is what i shot this weekend.. but there are also spot tournaments held on occasion.
Semper Fi

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

Wayne, something i forgot to mention, is that getting out and shooting 3-D tourney's like i do, gets you ready for hunting, because the ranges around here, they set you up to where you are shooting uphill, down hill, across ditches, through brush, about 3" from a tree, etc.. LOL :lol: and it REALLY helps with judging distances.. i know i'm getting better at judging distance because i'm not grazing the bottom of targets or shooting overthem too much any more :lol:
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users