15 replies to this topic

#16 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:40 AM

My son shoots an Excalibur Exocet at 165 lbs. We are able to hold the string with one hand and pull the trigger with the other hand. I prefer the one person approach to doing that because when using two people, the guy holding the string just never knows exactly when the trigger is going to pop. When I do it myself, I always know when it will release so I can prepare myself.

That might pose a problem with the mag bows in the 200 lb plus range, but neither I or my son are big persons by any measure (180 lb me; 160 lb son) and we can both handle the one handed let down without worries or incident.

Of course if you don't like the "hold and let down" by hand approach, you could always hook up your cocking pulleys, take up the tension, then have someone else release the trigger. If you hunt by yourself, you could still use the pulleys and release the trigger with something that I've seen trappers use. They wrap a cord around their neck with a hook dangling on the end. When a trapper gets a hand caught in a trap, it's extremely awkward to release the trap with one hand. What they do is use the hook from around their neck to hook the release on the trap by lifting up with their neck muscles. You could use the same approach by taking the tension with the pulleys then catch the trigger with the hook, lift up with your neck or shoulders to make the hook release the rigger, then just let down gently using the pulleys.

..................Oh ya! Just make sure the hook doesn't get caught in the bow string! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Geoff / TBow

Edited by Geoff / TBow, 02 December 2007 - 10:43 AM.

Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users