#1 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

Does anyone know anything I can do to make my internet faster? It is slow right now (we have DSL) and it seems to take forever for a page to load. It also seems to take a lot longer than usually to upload a picture. Does anyone know what I can try?

Thanks
-Eric

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:21 PM

Try running the "full test" at pcpitstop.com and see what it says/suggests.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Alden

Alden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:50 AM

A couple things might help.

First off, you may want to try Mozilla Firefox from www.mozilla.com

Second, what are the specs of your computer? (How much RAM, Processor type, Hardrive Size/Used space, ect)

And Finally, when was the last time you ran Anti-Spyware and Antivirus software?
Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest so that we will always strive to reach it.
-Kenshin Himura

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

Those are good tips Alden. Welcome by the way to Hunting Resource.

The bandwidth of your connection may be slow. Also DSL often goes through a USB port. The more devices you have connected via USB the slower your connection will be.

It is absolutely the best bet to connect to the internet via a NIC connection. Duplexing NICs are even better. Dynex makes a decent duplexing NIC PCI card. But if your DSL connection only has a USB out it won't help. If the DSL modem has an ethernet port you're in business. Go that route ;)
Posted Image

#5 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:27 PM

I don't know why it was slow. It might have been that I was charging my MP3 player in a USB port. But now it is a lot faster than it was.

Thanks for the help guys and welcome Alden!
-Eric

#6 Alden

Alden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:06 AM

Thank you. Glad to be here :D

I'm glad to hear that your DSL is running much faster, but Leo is right, if it's possible it's a lot better to run your DSL through your Ethernet port on your Network Interface Card (NIC). That way if you're charging your MP3 player again, it won't interfere with your internet ;)

:luvfirefox:
Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest so that we will always strive to reach it.
-Kenshin Himura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users