#1 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:46 PM

Soon I'll have to get all of my vanes replaced!

Posted Image

Has this happened to anyone before?

Edited by run'ngun, 29 September 2007 - 04:54 PM.

-Eric

#2 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

:) thats some good shooting run ....keep it up...but you might want to start shooting a 5 spot...that way you dont mess up your arrows....then again its fun to give em some scares :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:10 PM

Thanks Bruce, I'll have to start using the other dots on the target I guess now. That Blazer will defiantly have to be replaced and while whoever does it I'll have them do my hunting arrows that have regular vanes with Blazers too.

Some other good news: I finally got my form down! I can get 5 arrows in a 1.5 - 2 inch circle but a couple inches below the middle dot so I'll have to fine tune the sight a little, but I'm pretty happy that it got corrected. It was my release because before I was jerking it but now I'm taking my time and slowly squeezing the trigger.

Thanks a bunch for all you replies and help!! You guys rock! :D :D
-Eric

#4 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

Eric I am glad to see that you got things straighten out. Just keep up the good practice and like Bruce said you might want to start shooting one arrow per dot. Anyway good luck when you go hunting.

MD

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

Thanks Bruce, I'll have to start using the other dots on the target I guess now. That Blazer will defiantly have to be replaced and while whoever does it I'll have them do my hunting arrows that have regular vanes with Blazers too.

Some other good news: I finally got my form down! I can get 5 arrows in a 1.5 - 2 inch circle but a couple inches below the middle dot so I'll have to fine tune the sight a little, but I'm pretty happy that it got corrected. It was my release because before I was jerking it but now I'm taking my time and slowly squeezing the trigger.
Thanks a bunch for all you replies and help!! You guys rock! :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: You did it Run - that's way cool. Confidence is a huge part in archery/bowhunting, you're building that up when you are tearing up those blazers my friend.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 30 September 2007 - 07:51 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

Thanks Rowdy! I'm just glad I could find out what was wrong and correct it before I got so frustrated that I gave up.

Another question: What is a fair price to pay to have arrow refletched? I am about to e-mail the pro-shop where I bought my bow to see how much he charges but would like to know what to expect to pay to get 7 arrows reflechted. Do most dealer's prices include the vanes or do you have to buy them?

Thanks
Eric
-Eric

#7 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

around here Eric they run between $2.00 and $3.00 but you also have to buy the fletchings
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#8 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

I don't consider myself a fabulous shot. But I usually only try for tight groups on a target when I want to tear up some arrows.

Like was already suggested. Multi-spot targets are the way to go!
Posted Image

#9 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:58 PM

Awesome Run! I'm with Rowdy-it will get your confidence up. This is a huge part of bowhunting. Archery is undoubtly a mental game!!

#10 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

looks like you got it down eric...keep it up bud...best of luck on your hunt's
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users