• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:56 PM

Just a quick note to let you all know I have not lost the touch. I went out this morning and had a whole flock of turkeys almost sitting on my head. By 9:00 I had called one back in it was a small one but it took the edge off now I can hunt for a bigger one. Man that turkey felt good my old heart was beating about 150 bpm.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:18 PM

No fall season here. I'm jealous but honestly I probably hunt them enough in the spring.

Good for you! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#3 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:56 PM

congrats paul...now go get the thanksgiving bird...i hope to get mine next week...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

A wiry old bird "Lead plucking" another :fudd: ....go git em Paul ! :D
Posted Image

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

That's good for the ole ticker EH! Keeps ya young. Congrats and have safe hunt and a safe trip back home.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

I am done as of last evening. I limited out with two birds on the first day. The hunt last evening was rather short but rather exciting. I set up and within 15 minutes heard birds. I got all excited when I saw a flash of movement but it was a fox squirrel. Then I heard footsteps, and here came a high but very narrow racked buck he had atleast 8 and maybe 10 points but a thin rack. He stopped at only about 15 yards behind me. I then heard noises from in front of me and very slowly turned my head and there were turkeys all over the place. As I tried to aim down on a big hen the buck behind me had enough and snorted and took off. Man this caused the birds in front of me to jump and I lost track of the hen. Then more sounds of turkeys coming up the hill infront of me. I immediately saw a nice bird but there was turkeys behind it and I only had one tag left. I had to wait till the ones behind moved off a little. By this time my heart was going about 100 miles per hour. When the way was clear I shot and down the bird went. I was lucky as there were more birds behind it but none fell. In all there must have been 25 - 30 birds in the flock of hens and young ones. Man two tags and I filled both the same day.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:52 PM

:thumbsup: Bet that it will taste grand! If I want a turkey, I have to go to the store and get it. :(

#8 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

way to go!! wait a minute, where are you turkey hunting? has our pa archery season left me out of the loop and im thinking deer when I could be thinking turkey to? egads, wheres my manual.

#9 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:37 AM

Sure hope ya bring some of that good luck KS dirt back so we can rub it on the smokepoles next week ! Congrats again!!!!!! :hunter:
Posted Image

#10 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

Way to go Paul.

Can't wait for our PA hunt to start Oct. 29th. I've got a ton of birds eating the White Oak acrons out of my front yard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#11 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

Charles they are just teasing you. When season comes in they will be like the bears! Where have they all gone.
Anyway good luck!

MD

#12 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:42 PM

Sweet Paul, Congrats!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users