• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

Getting pumped for antelope season! Starts the 13th here in Nebraska. I've got a good one spotted, he'll make book for sure. I will let you guys know how I do. I am going home this weekend to scout and then next weekend is opening day. Wish me luck..... cause I would rather be lucky than good. I will try and post pictures if I get this big one, but I can never get it to work. Anyhow, I'll keep you posted.
-Sean
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:25 PM

Getting pumped for antelope season! Starts the 13th here in Nebraska. I've got a good one spotted, he'll make book for sure. I will let you guys know how I do. I am going home this weekend to scout and then next weekend is opening day. Wish me luck..... cause I would rather be lucky than good. I will try and post pictures if I get this big one, but I can never get it to work. Anyhow, I'll keep you posted.
-Sean

Good luck and take the camera too.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:47 PM

Good luck!
-Eric

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:45 PM

Hope Ya Score a good one !
Posted Image

#5 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:57 PM

Good luck Whip, and don't forget the pictures.

MD

#6 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

Whip it, whip it good! ;)
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#7 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:32 AM

best of luck...sounds like your doing your homework....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#8 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:16 AM

Good luck on gettin him. Where abouts are you hunting? I usually get up into the ogalala grasslands. With the recent drought and fires up there though the game and parks have whittled the permits down to 80 or 90 the last few years. I hope the prospect looks good for next year cause I sure love stalking them goats.

Steve

#9 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

I hunt the North Sioux Unit and the Banner North Unit. Ya, the pine ridge lost about 90,000 acres in that fire. I have some really good friends north of harrison that have close to 100,000 thousand acres between them.....an ungodly amount of ground. I killed a B&C goat last time I hunted up there. I am hunting the Banner North Unit this time, south of Harrisburg (close to Kimbal). Not a lot of huge goats like up north, but some decent ones. I have seen a couple 15-16 inchers I would drop the hammer on.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff

#10 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

Good luck little fella

Hi--yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that was my best BJJ attack

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#11 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

The BJJ must have worked. Got my goat about 45 minutes into opening morning :) . Not too tough to kill out here. Not my second booner like I hoped, but he is nice. I ended up taking 4 other guys, so I just shot the first thing over 13 inches I could find. Saw lots of bucks after that in the 14-16 inch range, at least 2 would have made book. I found out that people used to hunting hardwoods get a bit flustered when the shots are past 50 yards...haha. Had a great time with a great bunch of guys. Will or Marty...post a photo for me??? puhleaseeee.....
Sean Whipple
PSE staff

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:35 AM

Congrats Whip! yeah get those pictures up would Ya - huh please! Us hardwood hunters do have an issue with anything over 40 yards most of the time. :lol:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#13 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:13 AM

Way to go Whip. Yeah, the sticks hunters make me chuckle, too. They show up with their 30 30 and freak when they find that they have to shoot at 300+ yards. Waiting on the pics patiently. :thumbsup:

#14 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Here ya go Whip....Congrats!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#15 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

Thanks Huck...now if I could only get a cool signature with pictures like you, marty, and leo I would be the coolest kid on my block :)
Sean Whipple
PSE staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users