12 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:48 PM

:D Perfect morning in the PA mountians!
PAridgerunner, Eric, Judd, & I met at 6am for the opening day of early muzzleloader season (doe only) in the state forest near my house. We had an awesome sunrise and saw quite a few deer over the course of the morning. The new Omega connected with a 60 yd shot to fill my tag. On the 1.6 mile drag back to the truck I spotted a bear and picked up Eric's excited voice proclaiming a turkey bonaza over the radio.( Rices' sure go gaga for turkeys :lol: )

Someone did miss but I'm not mentioning names ;) ....and there wasn't a rain cloud in sight all morning. Now off to the apple butter cook so Mule Deer & Fatty can rest easy. Too Much Fun !!!!
Posted Image

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

Congratulations on the deer. That always makes if nice when a group of friends can have fun like that...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:06 AM

Phil,
congrats on your doe harvest..I'm gonna go after one sat. the 20th. for the kentucky Muzzelloader weekend.

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congrats Phil.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:31 PM

Way to go!! I love it up there at the T. regarding the miss, hey it happens but whom ever that was should be missing a shirt tail.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

Congrats Phil. Enjoy that backstrap buddy. :thumbsup:

#7 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

Congrats Phil. :hmm: I've always wondered how long it takes before you can breathe again after one of those smoke belchers goes off. :) Who missed?

#8 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

Congrats Phil. :hmm: I've always wondered how long it takes before you can breathe again after one of those smoke belchers goes off. :) Who missed?

....I can't tell since he helped drag the deer the last 1/4 mile and bought me lunch ! :yes:
Posted Image

#9 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

I won't tell either cuz he's bigger than me and he also bought me lunch. :thumbsup:
Thanks you guys for the wonderful day. :cool:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#10 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

hey guys, I've only been to the Tiadaughton a few times turkey hunting in the spring. I was wondering if you could leak some info about a spot Ive turkey hunted. down by the look out. on the left theres a valley and in the valley, in the down hill side is a crick, on the other side of the lookout it works downhill to the river. this is the area I've seen good turkeys in in the spring. they seem to like the east facing hills to warm up early on those crisp spring mornings y'all have up there. Have either of you hunted deer in that section? In spring I blew a chance on a gobbler in the gulley (left side of parking spot) and when I sat down half way up the mountain back to the look out, I nearly sat in some bear scat. I'd also seen some deer pellets too. Is this a good spot come deer season? I might feel like coming up sometime in the next year or two to have a corinary hiking them hills. Thought deer season would be nice. lol :fudd: heres the gps coordinates for it or atleast its one of the spots I was at up there. Its the only one from up north.

n 41*15'59.5"
wo77*21'19.9"

#11 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:51 PM

Scott,
We hunt the state forest DMAP area 901 just south of Williamsport. This covers a huge section of the mountians from east of rte 15 to past Jersey Shore, then encompasses quite a section along I-80. I think you're hunting a bit north of us. (ps...we don't give out gps coordinates since a forum like this could result in a passel of lead slingers showing up...but we'd be happy to have ya along anytime! :thumbsup: )

Edited by Phil, 18 October 2007 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Buck

Buck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:23 PM

Phil,

I went to college over in Mansfield and did a ton of camping in tiadaughton. When I was young my Dad took me up there or I should say down in there to fish the Pine Creek and it was close to heaven as i can think of. It;s the reason I wanted to go to school up there. Used to be an old man lived down i there in the late 60's early sevnties in thay house , he sold worms. Wild camping beautiful scenery and great fishing gets no better.

#13 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:55 PM

Welcome aboard Buck and it's sure God's country up that way! :thumbsup:
Woodhick now heads up the Sunday morning campsite services at Little Pine State Park chapel area....simply awesome area!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users