5 replies to this topic

#1 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

A friend and myself decided that we would spend the weekend fishing for rainbows. I was a little hesitant about going up there, because it is a trophy only lake, and I haven't really had much sucess there. To make a long one shorter, we went. We got there around 9 a.m. and the fun started. :blink: We couldn't keep them off! It was litterally one right after the other. Saturday they were really turned on. It didn't matter what you threw out there, they were hitting it. Sal, another friend that showed up shortly after we did, caught 3, one right after the other, on 2 pound test. What a laugh, because the fish went wherever it pleased. They were all in the 18 or 19 inch class. We never got that magic 20 incher. This is a trophy only lake, and you are allowed to keep one over 20 inches. We seen a few 20's and 22's come out of there both Saturday and Sunday, but neither Dwayne nor myself were one of the lucky ones that tagged one of them. I actually had to take a break at around noon, because my arm was getting a little sore.
Sunday was a different situation entirely. Dwayne caught all kinds of them, but it was as if I had the plague! We were there again around 9 a.m. and I couldn't even get a strike. At 1:15 I said to Dwayne "I'm going back to the truck and grabbing a nap." At 3.00 he came banging on the truck and says in his Newfie drawl, " They's turned on now boy!" Okay, I get up and head back over there, hoping that I'm gonna catch something now. Started fishing, and right away there is one on. I fought with it for awhile, then it spit the hook and went back into the gloomy depths again. Dwayne caught and landed a few more, and I had a few more hits, but never landed one at all. The deer that we saw down there were many and some were massive too. On the way home I came out of one of the draws, over the rise and hit the brakes for all that I was worth. There was a herd of mules in the middle of the road, and I got stopped 10 feet from them. The elk were screeching their heads off, the kingfishers were rattling off at the beak, snow geese squawking, and there were yotes everywhere. The wind was a little cool, but all in all it was a great day to be alive and away from civilization. We had a blast. :D Guess what we're doing this weekend. :yes:

#2 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

got any extra room...lol sound like a blast....thanks for sharing your weekend with us...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

:)- :)- :)- :)- I'll bring the grill!

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

You can pick me up on the way Tom. :yes:
Sounds like the trout we packing it on for the cool water season - man I bet fresh caught trout tastes great and a 20+ would be some fun.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:42 PM

Smoked trout................................. :yes:
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

hmmmmm :)- :)-
-Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users