6 replies to this topic

#1 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:13 PM

I headed to SW Minnesota with my dog Wiley for 3 days of chasing roosters on Monday morning. It was raining hard all day and it's a good thing I have good raingear. We had a great time though and it was just fun watching him get all wound up chasing those pheasants around. I lost count of the hens he flushed and if it wasn't for my misses we wouldn't have hunted so long. Still managed to bring home a few birds. Not some of the long tails I've taken before but it was a fun hunt. Think I might just head back on Monday again!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ironranger, 18 October 2007 - 08:00 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a great day. It must have been wet I have a puddle of water under my monitor from just looking at the post. Lol
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

Wiley from the looks of him needed some rain gear too. He got a bath and a half. Thanks for sharing your days pushing the long tails, looks like some fine dining soon at your home. :D

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 19 October 2007 - 11:33 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:15 AM

Awesome! You know, in my younger days I traipsed through the fields of western PA in search of pheasants at least 3 or 4 times per year. I saw very few and never did get a shot off at any. Then again, I never had a dog to sniff them out or flush them. (I usually was the dog. :( :lol: )

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm jealous. :P

Congrats. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

We've been totally blessed here in SD, ND, and MN the last few years with the amount of birds. I'm going back again this Monday as I just want to enjoy it while it's here. With talk of losing alot of CRP in the next few years and the chances of having a bad winter knock off alot of birds plus Wiley getting into his prime, I just want to focus on hunting pheasants as much as possible. I'm just having a blast and this week two friends are joining me so that will be fun to share it. Loading up the camper for Monday morning for a few more days chasing roosters. I can't wait...

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

Besides just hunting pheasants, you are actually going out and getting some! Well done.

I've never hunted roosters. One day I'm gonna have to. I'll be asking for advice from you :yes:
Posted Image

#7 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:21 PM

Nice birds! We've been out a couple times but saw nothing.
-Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users