#1 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

While taking my scope off today (won't need it right away during slug season) I lost the stock screws that go where the receiver is tapped. Can I shoot it without them or should I quick get replacements. I can see right through the holes into the chamber so I can see it be a problem or even unsafe. What do I do?
-Eric

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:47 AM

Good question Eric. Personally I'd replace them PDQ. They are inexspensive and then you don't have to worry about it. I don't think I'd shoot it without them. For one thing, if you did, I'd think that hot gasses would blow out them and that's too close to the eyes for comfort.

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:26 PM

Good question Eric. Personally I'd replace them PDQ. They are inexspensive and then you don't have to worry about it. I don't think I'd shoot it without them. For one thing, if you did, I'd think that hot gasses would blow out them and that's too close to the eyes for comfort.

Thanks Spirit, I didn't get any before season but I think I will try the screws that came with my scope base just to be safe.

Thanks
Eric
-Eric

#4 Bob LeBlanc

Bob LeBlanc

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

Just be sure when you replace the screws that they don't extend too far into the chamber and cause cycling / extraction / loading issues... :peace2:

Bob

#5 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:39 AM

A couple weeks ago I e-mailed Mossberg and they sent me them for free! No more holes in my gun.
-Eric

#6 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

That's awesome Eric! I love it when companies help people out. When I was given my cousin's Tikka .270 rifle, after he was killed in a car accident, the scope was all messed up from him being in a four wheeler accident a few months before. Busted off one of the adjustment screws, cross hairs all cockeyed, little things like that. It's a dang nice scope too, Burris 4x16x50mm with the shade and everything on it. Anyways, Burris told me to send it in, I was expecting to have to pay for it. They fixed everything on it and even sent me back a set of lens covers for it also for free. I'll recommend a Burris to anyone now. Dang good equipment as well as good customer service! Just makes me proud to see firearm/firearm related companies helping people out like that. :)
BrandonT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users