4 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:45 AM

On the Mathews web site the new line up clock is counting down a new bow to be introduced very soon. I'm wondering if they used the new lighter limbs on this new bow or bows like they used on the drenalin.

I also read on the CX web site that Mathews has branded with some of their line up arrows for the coming year and using a new camo on the them.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:17 PM

I noticed the "Here's to Realizing Your Dreams" ad in the new North American Whitetail magazine. I'm very interested to see what the new bow is. Also, what camo it is. I've heard several rumors about Mathews coming out with their own camo. The "New for 2008" Drenalin LD is in Realtree AP HD, so it's hard to say.

Get ready for a mad rush to Mathews site tomorrow. ;)

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

I've heard enough otherwise fervent Matthews fans dump on the Drenalin. I wouldn't be surprise if that reaction was reflected in it's sales last year.

They've set themselves a very high bar of expectation from their customers. Whatever they release this year will undoubtedably be good but meet the expectations of their fans? I don't know. I wish them luck.
Posted Image

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

It will absolutely be in the same vein as last year's bow, meaning it will have the slim limbs and turrets a.k.a. "Look ma, no limb pockets!". For years, the main gripe with Mathews bows was "heavy" weight. This technology does nothing if not remove a lot of weight. I was always amazed at how heavy Mathews limb pockets are when I would swap some out. Add to that a laminated slab of mostly fiberglass isn't light either and you get the point. I do wonder how long it will take people to realize that they actually shot better with the extra mass weight. Oops, did I just say that? :P

Anyway, the '08 Drenalin LD (Longer ATA version of last year's bow) was released nearly a month ago now and, naturally, it sported the "no pocket & slim limb" look. If there's one thing I know about Mathews it's that they will stick with something and find a way to work around any problems before abandoning whatever it is they view as the next step in their "evolution". I suppose it's note-worthy that all of the "broken limb" Drenalin pics I saw all snapped right over the turret where the max load point is. Now, the Drenalin LD has more parallel limbs with less limb pre-load than the Drenalin. Coincidence? ;)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:57 AM

I noticed the "Here's to Realizing Your Dreams" ad in the new North American Whitetail magazine. I'm very interested to see what the new bow is. Also, what camo it is. I've heard several rumors about Mathews coming out with their own camo. The "New for 2008" Drenalin LD is in Realtree AP HD, so it's hard to say.

Get ready for a mad rush to Mathews site tomorrow. ;)

Well, the DXT is for sure in the new Mathews "Lost" camo pattern. What does that mean exactly? Who knows! (After all, there are bow companies who license multiple patterns from multiple camo companies.)

Personally, I think I'm just going to go back to mil-spec woodlands so I don't have to worry about competitive interests anymore when I want to buy a new bow or even a flashlight. :doh2: Wait, even the Army updated to the new digi-camo. Oh well, I guess I'll just wear all black or OD green and hide back in the leaves.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users