And The New '08 Mathews Bow Is...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:05 AM

The DXT (Drenalin XT) & the S2 (Switchback 2) are added to the already released Drenalin LD to make a total of 3 new hunting bow offerings from Mathews for 2008. The DXT will feature Mathews' new "Lost Camo" pattern.
Specs at MathewsInc.com.

For anyone thinking this is a pretty non-eventful release year for Mathews, I'm not so sure. On the surface, perhaps. However, for years Mathews has not been able to release any of their hunting bows in basic black (a popular request among ground blind hunters and 3D shooters alike) to the general public due to contractual obligations with a well known camo company. The new exclusive "Lost Camo" pattern has apparently opened the door to making bows such as the Drenalin available to the general public in all black. Could it also possibly mean that Mathews and a well known camo company may be parting ways? I suppose time will tell.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:11 PM

Could it also possibly mean that Mathews and a well known camo company may be parting ways? I suppose time will tell.

Word is that well known camo company will be with BowTech now. :o Kind of figured so since their "Nocked 'n Loaded" DVD features following a father and son purchasing bows (BowTech and Hoyt...which is Road Trips).

Looks like another good line-up. Not much change, but as usual, they'll be fantastic bows.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

I am very interested in the drenalin XT. My drenalin is to my hearing a quieter bow than my Switchback or my Outback. It is faster. And the drenalin is nice and light to carry around compared to the other two.

Yeah I have three Mathews bows and to me each are different to shoot. I compare it to most gun owners have more than one, more than one revolver or one rifle or one shotgun or even MZ loader. Oh and I have owned other bows by other manufacturers and obviously sold them after shooting them awhile. They just didn't shoot as well for me for one reason or another.

The shorter ATA bows seem to be harder to shoot but the switchback XT didn't have that reputation but the Outback sure did in some circles. If I like the DXT I'll be selling the Outback and it's a great shape.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 15 November 2007 - 01:00 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

So Jer, what about the issue you brought up about limb pockets and such...any views there ( specialy for someone who is considering a new bow ) :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Bruce, the DXT actually has new limbs. (They were "SE3" limbs on the Drenalin. They are "SE4" limbs on the DXT.) They are beefed up a bit around the fork. Depending on how you read the specs page the limb turrets may have been reworked slightly to "spread out the load" better as well.

All told, Mathews still claims the SE3 limbs last twice as long as any of their previous limbs and claim to have had no more failure with Drenalin limbs than with any previous bow. I think we now can relax a bit. We're out of the beta testing phase. ;)

sig_admin.png

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

well before I run out and buy one....I'll let the rush die down and then go shoot one. ...short axle to axle....I might run into the same problems I had with the outback , being the angle of the string on draw and the peep being to far out at my eye height ....

we'll see :)

looked at the specs on S2....good axle length...but no more speed them my 4 year old LX ( man can you believe its been that long ago when I bought it. )

LD is a possible...

guess Ill need to do some shooting. :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:59 PM

An all black Dren or Dren LD is what I'm leaning toward without even shooting anything yet. :D

Now the only thing is to figure out what bow(s) to sell in order to pay for it. :(

sig_admin.png

#8 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:58 AM

black dren ld....with a red & black string...along with a torquless red and black grip.... :) would be sharp.

if you get one first I hope you don't accuse me of being a copy cat :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#9 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

After taking some time to review the new line-up from Mathews, I'm really impressed. Even the new "Lost Camo" is getting props from me (is the world ending?).

The DXT isn't something I'd go after. The axle-to-axle is too short. Even though the parallel limb, short ATA bows shoot so well, the DXT is a little out of my comfort zone. I'm also a little curious as to why it isn't available in 65% let-off. :huh:

The S2 has my attention. The Drenalin LD also looks like a fantastic bow. It's a too long for hunting for me, but looks like a great bow.

Good line-up from Mathews this year. Although, I'll be keeping my '05 Switchback. ;) :yes:

By the way, have you guys checked out the new "Journey" bow from Mission? I tell ya, those bows are looking really good! I just wish they would have been around when I first started bowhunting. ;)

#10 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:04 PM

Good line-up from Mathews this year. Although, I'll be keeping my '05 Switchback. ;) :yes:

Can't say I blame you. Unless I am missing something (which could very well be the case since I haven't actually seen the bow in person) the S2 appears to be a Switchback with newer camo. (I think it's 'cause the original Switch may be discontinued in January.)

By the way, have you guys checked out the new "Journey" bow from Mission? I tell ya, those bows are looking really good! I just wish they would have been around when I first started bowhunting. ;)

It looks to me to be very similar to the Switchback XT which is an AWESOME shooter! I'm impressed and I agree.

sig_admin.png

#11 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

You two are right on the money about the new mission bow the Journey and I bet it performs great too. I might go out in a week or so and try the new line up from Mathews just to scare myself like a moth to a flame and get burnt again. :lol:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#12 steelrain202

steelrain202

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:01 PM

Ya they are quite nice. But I think Ill keep my SQ2. Its bad when a bow is as much as a rifle. Wow but I guess you get what you pay for?
Only the dead know the end of war.- Plato

#13 Kurt

Kurt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

LOST camo...

Wow, how many camo patterns will there be out there?

I tell you the competition is rough.

I like the looks of the new bow, though. Probably stick with my Switchback XT for now.

Kurt

#14 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:21 PM

LOST camo...

Wow, how many camo patterns will there be out there?

I tell you the competition is rough.

I like the looks of the new bow, though. Probably stick with my Switchback XT for now.

Kurt

Do you guys do anything with film dip yet?

sig_admin.png

#15 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:36 AM

Lost Camo looks pretty nice! Based on the Gamehide pictures on Mathews site, it looks really similar to Realtree Hardwoods HD. But on bow pictures I've seen, it looks like Hardwoods HD details with Realtree X-tra Grey background. Nice looking pattern.

I doubt they can completely lure me away from Realtree, but I would gladly wear Lost Camo. And yes, the world may be ending. :o :lol: :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users