4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

Season opens here this Monday. Been looking forward to it for quite some time. Wasn't sure my health was going to allow me to hunt this Spring. Had my lungs checked out this morning and the doc said they sounded ok. Still on orders to go slow, cause of the combined heart and lung problems, but bright Monday morning I'll hopefully be sighting down the barrel at a big Tom. It will be great just to be sharing another hunt with my son. With the health problems, I've had to deal with, each hunt becomes more and more dear. We have a great place to hunt with lots of big, old, birds so be ready to hear some stories and look at some pics. My son promised I get to shoot mine first this year and i'm holding him to it. ;) :lol:

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:50 PM

Gods speed man BUT please becareful because I want to talk turkey with you for a very long time. B) And Norm your not that OLD. :doh: :lol:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:31 AM

Save me a drumstick, Norm! :D

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:05 AM

Still hopeing I get to go. I woke up this morning with the lymph nodes swollen in my neck. No idea why so guess it's back to the doc. I know the meds I was on warned that they made you sucseptable to infections so probably something to do with that. If I'm moving, I'm still going. Will just have to take it slow and easy. :yes:

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:08 PM

Went to the hospital and got checked out. With my heart and lungs, any infection is dangerous. Was mainly worried because I've never had the mumps and there's an outbreak in this area. Doctors put me on another anti-inflamatory and told me to take it easy. They're not sure whats causing it. I stopped by and picked up my turkey tag on the way home. Sitting in the woods listening to turkey music Monday morning is my idea of taking it easy. As long as I don't push myself I'll be fine. Don't worry Eric, and thanks bro, I'll be around a while. Look forward to putting a bird in the smoker. ;) :yes: You bet I'll save ya a leg, Red, but it's my wife ya have to worry about grabbing it. That's her favorite part. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 22 April 2006 - 03:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users