19 replies to this topic

#1 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:23 PM

Deer season here is a big deal. It starts on Monday and today while making some deliveries the amount on A.T.V's headed north from Philly and Pitt was kinda unbelieveable. We will have almost a million hunters in the woods on Monday. My sons school will be closed for the first and second day of the season and ofcourse we get to hunt two Saturdays. Most work places will be working with a skeleton crew the first few days. It is an age old tradition of heading to deer camp the weekend after Thanksgiving. My son and I will be going to camp with some great friends and I'm sure having a great time. Wish us luck. It sure would be nice if that kid could shoot a big one. Wish you all could join us.

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

Good luck woodhick and my fellow PA brethren. Im fortunate enough to live in wmu 5c so Im still able to go hunting close to home for doe until rifle season opens on monday. I cant make it the first day but will be taking my guns for a walk on thursday11/29. Im doing a 1/2 day pm archery hunt tomorrow. I'd like to go out all day but Im expecting a new washermachine to be delivered between 7 & 11am. Stay safe and leave a buck in the woods for me please. Nothing to big, 140-150 class is all Im asking for.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:39 PM

Good luck Woodhick and family!

I finally have another family member hunting Monday for rifle season in PA. My one son Pete will be there some where in PA. on some private land deer hunting with some friends. I thought I'd never see the day one of my sons would take up hunting :D after all the grief I caught ever time I went these past years. And I sure hope he gets one and catches the fever to do it again. He's no kid and has shooting his rifle down like a sniper. Thats one thing he has going for him is he's a great shot and owns several rifles all scoped out. I packed him up with some hunting advice and my camo clothing and lots of hunter orange. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

Good luck to ya'll. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:33 AM

Good luck to ya'll. Keep us posted on how it goes.

..."Phil got another big one!!!" :lol: ...just kidding
(but I'm hoping! :thumbsup: )

Camp has lots of board members showing up this year
Myself/Woodhick/Eric/Paul/Seth/Charles/Judd....& about the same number of non-board members so we'll have be careful about our fibs with all the witnesses :huh: ...here's hoping to hear the "Whump" after squeezing the trigger ! :fudd:

Edited by Phil, 24 November 2007 - 03:34 AM.

Posted Image

#6 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

best of luck to you all...keep us posted and take lots of pic's
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#7 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:48 PM

The foecast is for rain but I don't think it will dampen our spirits at least not for a while. ;)

#8 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:25 PM

I will be praying for all to be safe and may HE bless you all with success.

Steve

#9 Dean S.

Dean S.

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:19 AM

Good luck you guys, I`ll be taking my daughter into the woods tomorrow also. It`s a paid holiday in our contract to have the first day of buck season off :yes: , gotta love it!!

#10 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

I wish you all luck, and don't get to wet on the first morning. Be safe and hunt hard.

MD

#11 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

Im stuck at work but will be out on thursday for an all day hunt. Hows everyone doing so far?? dont forget the pics!! I got an itch and no antibiotics can stop it but some fresh venison can. :hunter: :fudd:

#12 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

The first day of our deer season was wet not just a little wet but very wet. It started to rain Sunday night about 9:00PM cutting our campfire short. It rained all night and all day and we all got very wet. Jgabel got a nice buck and my son hit a big doe but the shot was not fatal and we looked for a long time and got wetter yet.

#13 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:07 PM

Yep I got one word about PA's opener, wetwetwetwetwetwet. I stood under the tree stand using it for a roof. I did see one doe but no antlers. Did I mention it was WET. :lol:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#14 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

Well so much for the DO NOT GET WET wish for you PA hunters :whistle: :bye:

MD

#15 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

Yep I got one word about PA's opener, wetwetwetwetwetwet. I stood under the tree stand using it for a roof. I did see one doe but no antlers. Did I mention it was WET. :lol:

Reminds me of the typical PA trout season opener. rain drizzle rain.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users