Carter 2 shot release

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:09 PM

Many hunters prefer the wrist strap caliber trigger style release for hunting.

Out of the many that I have shot, the Carter 2 Shot stands heads above the rest.

Standard with the Carter 2 shot, is the leather buckle wrist strap. No Velcro to work loose, make that ripping noise when you are putting it on or off or adjusting.
Most releases of this style have a 2 way trigger. Pull back to open and push forward to close and lock. On the Carter 2 shot, you have a thumb set that when depressed closes the jaw and is now locked. The trigger only releases the jaw. No accidental firing and no worries about making sure your finger is pressing forward from behind the trigger when going on draw.

The Carter 2 shot is a very clean release, so crisp many use it as a modified back tension release.

Construction is tooled metal and top of the line.
Colors coming in camo finish or black.
The release is single jaw.
The single jaw style will give you more consistency with your shot placement then a double jaw style.

The only draw back of the release, and one which you really have to search to find, is the small click you hear when it locks in and the lighter sounding click you hear when it releases. I personally feel that this click seems much louder then it is, on the shot, due to the anchor point and location of the release close to one?s ear.

More noise is made by a simple squeak of a stand moving under your weight, or closing a snap on your pack.

costs of the release varries and is a tad higher then those found at discount type stores or online archery sites. One you have held the Carter 2 shot in your hand, the price diffrence is minor for the quality of the product Carter produces.

I have shot many different release makes and models and by far the Carter 2 shot is the cleanest shooting of them all.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:25 PM

McBruce is it possible to post a pic of the Carter release. We were possibly looking for upgrades. For the life of me I can't draw a mental picture of the Carter from your description. Maybe I am having a Sr moment :lol: .
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

Carter 2 shot release[COLOR=blue]

Here ya go, its off of the Carter Web site.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

You haven't shot a One Shot by any chance to compare the two have you Bruce? I have a few One Shots here, but haven't shot a Two Shot yet. Just wonder how much better they are? Mine has the Velcro, but that's what I wanted. Just like the feel better than leather, but that's just me. :) I'm always going with the unpopular. lol
BrandonT

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

From what I've heard, the most noticable difference for the shooter is the heavier trigger, Brandon. The One Shot was a hair trigger to the max! LOL

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:39 PM

Eager future 2-Shot owner hear. Is it hear yet? Is it hear yet? :P

After shooting Bruce's Carter I had to have one. It is a NICE release. Everything about it oozes quality. So we are trading my CJ Eagle 4-finger (which I just can't seem to get used to) for a spanky new 2-Shot as soon as I can make the drive to Fairplay. I can't wait!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users