Let's See Your Big Bucks

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Bigrok

Bigrok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I am currently living in Hawaii. My wife is an RN in the US Army. I can't wait to get back to MN.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:16 PM

I'm new here and I didn't see a topic that shows off your big bucks, so I decided to start one. I'll start off with my pride and joy. Shot him in western MN in 2006. Scored 170 5/8 B&C. Double drop tines on his left side.

I don't know how to post pictures so here's a link to see picts: http://www.snowmobil...61/display.aspx

Here's the story:
My girl and I got the the stand as always in the dark around 6:15. South wind. 2 fawns came from the north around 6:45, smelt us, ran away, then came back cautiously, continued heading south. By 7:45 we hadn't seen anything else, so i kinda kicked my feet out and layed back and relaxed a little bit. 10 minutes later I looked up. He was walking about at 75 yards broadside to me down an old logging trail. I quickly grabbed the ol' 30-06 and wispered "big buck, big buck, big buck" and got him into the scope and I didn't have time to even look at the antlers, BANG!!! I had one shooting lane that direction and it was about 15 feet from where i first saw him. I didn't even have time to see or think about how big he was. I waited for what seemed like 15 minutes (really only 2 min) and jumped down hoping he was big enough for the wall. (Dad gets mad if i shoot small bucks. We are trying to shoot does or wallhangers only.) So we walked over to where I shot him. No blood!! :sick: I walked in a half circles the direction he ran. The 3rd circle, blood everywhere!!! I didn't just follow the blood trail, I ran. I got up to him and I started to :yahoo: . He died just 50 yards from dad's stand. I wanted to just tell him it was a doe, (like we always tell each other) but I couldn't.

#2 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

Nice buck!!! There are a few here that have got some really nice deer.
-Eric

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

That's a pretty stellar buck! Thanks for sharing him with us. :D

I'd love to share a Booner pic myself, but in 18 years of hunting I've taken nothing bigger than a 120.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

Well the odds of getting one that big in South Carolina are practically non-existent.

But I've done OK I think.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

I've guided 3 hunters that have killed bucks over 160...but my best is mid 130's for whitetail. Sadly I still don't know how in the * to post pictures......so imagine a nice mature buck with a decent rack.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#6 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:43 AM

Welcome bigrok and dang nice buck you got.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#7 Bigrok

Bigrok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I am currently living in Hawaii. My wife is an RN in the US Army. I can't wait to get back to MN.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:52 AM

Thanks guys....There's not many bucks around my area that are this big either. I know i'll prolly never shoot another one this big in my lifetime, especially on my land. He's truly a trophy.

#8 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

Welcome and a very nice harvest indeed. I have 2 mounts that are 130s and a 140s class. Been chasing a 170 plus on the river. Had him at 10 paces the other night but wasn't able to get him. A massive 6x7 that if the LORD grants that our paths cross again I pray that HE lets me harvest him. I have always wanted a nice drop tine but have never seen one yet. I lost a huge 4x4 this past rifle season that would have easily scored in the 150s. Hit him with a 300 win mag at 70 yrds and tracked him to the rivers edge. The land owner said he will be looking for him the rest of the year and next year. Good to have you aboard.

Steve

#9 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

Hey Bigrok, Welcome to the board, sure nice to see some new faces in here. Hope you hang around for awhile. I have been hanging out here about 7 years! Started out at Bushnell Secret of the Hunt.

Here is my buddy Donald's deer taken this year at Smoly Lake, Alberta, Donald is the guy on the right. the other fella is his brother (and my buddy Fred). This is the biggest deer that Donald has harvested to date. It scored out at 203 3/8. He was a happy camper! :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#10 Bigrok

Bigrok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

Alberta bucks don't count....You guys up there cheat or something. Those aren't normal bucks, they are morphed. It's not fair. :P Definately a monster buck!!!

Edited by Bigrok, 08 December 2007 - 08:12 PM.

#11 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:19 AM

Not record bucks,but my biggest so far...................

Whitetail..North Dakota..4X5
Posted Image

Mule Deer..Montana...5X10
Posted Image
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#12 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:13 PM

they use miracle grow on their deer in Canada.

#13 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:46 AM

Here's some from 07(wish they were mine):

http://www.monstermu...mID6/15904.html
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#14 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

I think trophy's are what you want them to be...........These are my boys 2007 season.........

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#15 bukmastr

bukmastr

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

Here are some of mine...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image