• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

Saturday two weeks ago My wife and I returned home from Hawaii. I was awake all night and was absolutely exhausted when we finally got home. Then I felt it coming on. A little fever, scratchy throat, and cough. I went to camp on Sunday and spent the First day of deer season standing in the rain. By this time I had a few body aches thrown in. Hey It is just a cold I told myself. I can toss this off with a little rest. I came home from Camp after the first day and started to do battle royale with this cold. I stayed off my feet and did not go hunting till Eric and I went to Erie to the Farm. By this time I had a real professional cough. ( should have, I had been practicing day and night all week.) Also by this time I was thinking that maybe I had the Flu. But wait I got a flu shot so it can;t be that. I did manage to get out both days of the Erie hunt but as soon as I got home I headed to bed. Well today my wife finally convinces me to go to the dr. Well I am now on a whole new regimen of meds for a bad case of bronchitis. Yep I should have listened to the wife and not lost dang near all of buck season.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:32 PM

Wow Paul, take care of yourself, Bronchitis can be very nasty! Prayers on the way for you. Rest up and get well. :pray: :pray:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#3 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

I am in the same boat bro. I have had this dang cold and cough now for a week. The cough keeps me up all night. I will pray for you cause I know how you are feeling. As for them bucks I am chasing them to despite this nasty cold. Go figure!!!! I get no sympathy from the boss either.

Steve

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:20 AM

Glad you're on the mend Paul!
Posted Image

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:39 AM

Best wishes from Wyoming brother

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#6 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:06 AM

Paul I hope you start to feel better soon. I will keep you in pray. God Bless and take care of yourself.

MD

#7 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

prayers on the way bro. paul.....and yes sometimes the wife's are smarter than we are... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....glad to hear your on the mend...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#8 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:57 PM

I used to get Bronchitis on just about an annual basis until I started getting Pneumonia shots every 5 years.

Ask your doctor about it. Bronchitis is also hard on your heart you need to avoid it. And don't push yourself too early, a relapse with Bronchitis can be incredibly nasty.

I'll pray for your recovery.
Posted Image

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:18 PM

Leo I am taking it easy. Sure don't want to relapse it was bad enough the first time. I will ask about the Pneumonia shots too I don't believe I have ever heard of them. Thanks

#10 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

Bronchitis! Bummer! Get well soon! I don't think that you would sound as good as a bluetick or a walker when you start barking. :D

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

RG with as much practice as I have had I believe I could join a walker/bluetick chorus at least for a little while.

#12 WRBH

WRBH

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:hunting,trapping,fishing,camping and life in general

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:43 PM

Paul, sorry to hear your sick, will say a prayer that you kick this thing real soon and get feeling better. Also, don't assum because you had a flu shot, you on't get the flu, number 1, there are an average of 6 to 7 different kinds of flu viruses that go around each year, the flu shot only covers 1. And that's just a guess on the manufacturers part on which one will be the most prevalent one that yr, they don't always get it right. Number 2 --Also the flu virus can mutate. So lets say you get the flu shot, but someone you spend time with doesn't. They then get the flu, that you had the shot for. It can mutate in thier body into an entirely different virus, so you can now catch it from them. I mentioned this to you, because if you start showing flu like symptoms the best thing to do, even if you've had the shot, is go to the doctor. If caught early on there are some meds that will help lesson the amount of time your sick and help with some of the symptoms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users