• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 gray wolf

gray wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

It's always nice to meet new people and make new friends. Here in Maine people are pretty nice
and eager to be friendly. My wife and I live in a small cabin some call it a camp. I guess it's 3 or so miles from the black top. After hunting season it is not uncommon to feed 15 Deer out the front door--I wont say on the lawn Ha, Ha, I don't want you to get the impression that it is that civilized. 12 miles to a little town--But hey for an old retired guy it's not that bad.
We have a great 1 year old pure bred Malamute named Ashley --She is a hoot and a half.
Ate a whole Deer leg this afternoon--She is all raw fed, never had dog food.
Beef,chicken, organ meat, and loves pork --she has been know to lay on her back for a little Pizza crust (home made). She will follow you around for a bite of a jelly Samich.
I have had bull Moose walk by the cabin so close I could reach out the window and touch them--I don't but i could.
I try and keep my shots close also but it's nice to know you can get the job done when they look real small.
Have you ever looked into or done any reading on using a mill dot reticle ? The whole concept is really cool. At first it is like What the heck is this all about--but then it all makes a-lot of sense. Much to involved to really get into here--but if you know the size of an object you can get the distance--it's a little math (easy) and the dots in the scope--not to be confused with a ballistic reticle.
I think shooting is a great way to spend a little --no a-lot of time. I cast for my 45 so that lets me shoot a-lot of pistol without costing to much.
Two months ago I got a new Mdl.70 featherweight 2008 limited edition in 270.
It is one of the new ones made in there new plant by FN. I love it --nice figured Walnut stock
and the fit and finish is superb. 1 inch is no problem with factory ammo--I should be able to do
half inch groups with hand loads.
Ok enough for now I feel like I am in chat.

GW.

#32 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

Great posts GW, I'm looking forward to reading more about rifle accuracy
-Eric

#33 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

Other than opening your eyes, :rolleyes: :lol: , after much thought I have a really super easy fix for your accuracy problem. Trade your Tika for a T/C Encore. :evil: :peace:

Edited by Spirithawk, 16 December 2008 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users